Hey guys and girls

I recently replaced my full exhaust sytem on my Royal Star Venture (I picked up a full system on ebay for 189dollars which is amazing) My old muffler pipes were rotting inside so I had to change them.

The only prob I have is that the pipes are LOUD! Not harley loud but louder than what I would like. They are original Yamaha pipes but the mufflers are aftermarket Baron Pipes with the clamp(I think) Does anyone know of a way to quieten them down, I don't live in an estate so no neighbours but I'm heading to France and Spain this year and I heard they crack down on loud pipes. They have a baffle but it's not great...I think they sound great but that's another matter altogether... Does anyone here have baron pipes? If so, any suggestions on quitening them down! :) Thanks

Edited by Garventure
Bike change

Mine came with the Barons 4 into 2 (think they are called "bag slash") pipes and I have been working a number of combinations to quiet them down to a reasonable level. They sound awesome, but I'm not much of a loud pipe person.

So far, I have fabricated a 6" section of baffle and added to the front end of the original baffle and both sections are packed with fiberglass. It is probably half as loud as it was originally and, to my personal tastes, just barely inside the tolerable range.

I did, however, hear a set of the Barons 4-2-4 pipes while on the Blue Ridge Parkway a couple weeks ago. Very nice, mellow tone -- enough that I'm considering buying those pipes myself.

Mine came with the Barons 4 into 2 (think they are called "bag slash") pipes and I have been working a number of combinations to quiet them down to a reasonable level. They sound awesome, but I'm not much of a loud pipe person.

So far, I have fabricated a 6" section of baffle and added to the front end of the original baffle and both sections are packed with fiberglass. It is probably half as loud as it was originally and, to my personal tastes, just barely inside the tolerable range.

I did, however, hear a set of the Barons 4-2-4 pipes while on the Blue Ridge Parkway a couple weeks ago. Very nice, mellow tone -- enough that I'm considering buying those pipes myself.

Thanks for the help Iz, I believe I have the same 'bag slash' pipes as you do. The 4-2-4 look great..not sure if they have baffles in them though but very unique looking pipe

The 4-2-4 pipes I heard were very mellow; a great tone for those of the not-so-loud pipe mindset. I wouldn't hesitate to run the set I heard and I may give in to buying a set this fall.

Ours/mine sounded like an open header NASCAR engine before I did some work to it -- great to bring a smile to your face, but intolerable on a 40 minute commute and, again part of my personal belief, disrespectful to infringe on someone else's right to peaceful existence.

I have the Baron 4-2-4 Nasty Boys with the family Jewels tips. I listen to the tunes with the volume set at 15 just fine. While on the scoot, they are tolerable for both wife and I. Riding behind them, I've had others differ ! They can bark if you want them too. They have baffles and to my understanding, they have one wrap of fiberglass out of the factory.

BEER30