If you look inside of mine there are like little triangles facing forward and a bunch of them. Not sure of the purpose but I am wondering if I remove them somehow will I get a better tone. They really do not sound much different them the OEM's..... :confused24:

I think I remember reading that the newer Road King mufflers have catalytic converters in them. I dont know how that would affect your performance and/or sound, but I would think it would make the engine seem a bit sluggish.

Brian

I have the same muff on my 2007 RSV. I used a hole saw and cut out the 'plugs' in both ends of the muffs. I'm pretty sure you'll have to have an extension for one end and then you'll have a straight thru muff. At an idle you can hardly tell anything has been done but on acceleration they'll bark rather sharply. Cruising is slightly louder than at an idle, this worked for me but some like to hear the deafening roar similar to a Hardley whether it's at idle or full throttle.

If it's the roar you want, then you'll have to go to Jardine or one of the other set's that run into the :mo money: :mo money:

I have the same muff on my 2007 RSV. I used a hole saw and cut out the 'plugs' in both ends of the muffs. I'm pretty sure you'll have to have an extension for one end and then you'll have a straight thru muff. At an idle you can hardly tell anything has been done but on acceleration they'll bark rather sharply. Cruising is slightly louder than at an idle, this worked for me but some like to hear the deafening roar similar to a Hardley whether it's at idle or full throttle.

If it's the roar you want, then you'll have to go to Jardine or one of the other set's that run into the :mo money: :mo money:

:cool10: thank you. I will look at doing this...... :fingers-crossed-emo

Don't forget to get your clamps for the front and the adapter bracket for the rear. There's a member on here that makes the rear mtg. bracket (Hilliss)

If your handy, you can probably make it yourself, but I'm on the lazy side and find it easier to buy it than to spend hours on end :bang head:

found the link to Mark Hillis - he makes several neat things for the Venture, pm him

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/memberlist.php?do=getall

Don't forget to get your clamps for the front and the adapter bracket for the rear. There's a member on here that makes the rear mtg. bracket (Hilliss)

If your handy, you can probably make it yourself, but I'm on the lazy side and find it easier to buy it than to spend hours on end :bang head:

found the link to Mark Hillis - he makes several neat things for the Venture, pm him

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/memberlist.php?do=getall

They are already mounted. I got the pipes as take offs from a RSV so they come with the nice brackets, bolts, and clamps :cool10:

Cool - did you drill them ?? whaddya think ?

Yep drilled them and really do NOT like it now :( It is to "tinnie" sounding. I am convinced a nice "low" note is not going to happen. It sounds like a high pitched popcorn popper now............ Maybe I'll just bolt of the OEM's and forget it :confused24:

I know it needs something in the slip ons because I run it "open pipes" so to speak meaning no slips ons and it sounded horrible like that. Was just wanting to hear the headers by themselves and boy does it sounds like crap.

it sounds like you want your pipes really loud - to do that, you'll most likely have to 'gut' the pipes you have or spend :mo money:, a lot of it.

Within the first week of owning my 2007 RSV I went to my local dealer and he had a set of something that was chrome and hollow.

An hour and a half later, not to mention $600, I was on my way. I couldn't wait to get home and get something quiet on my Venture. After several futile attempts and destroying a brand new set of stock muffs, I settled for the 98A's drilled out on both ends. They have just enough bark on acceleration and still I can cruise w/o the ear blasting, deafening noise the other pipes gave me.

I should mention that I wear aids on both ears so too much noise is waaaaay too much when amplified :bang head: