IGNORED

Surgery

ArcsSparks

I'm having my Gall bladder out Thursday and I have a question for anyone who has had it out the old fashion way ( they have to do a biopsy at same time and that's near the liver) Laproscopic is out. I just wonder how the recovery went. This is my first major surgery and getting a straight answer from the doctors is tough. I know the RSTD gets parked for awhile. WebMD sayes 4 to 6 weeks -- truth? How about all the other things food, pain activities Etc.? Thanks up front

Had mine done laproscopically so I can only tell you about the food. My eating habits haven't changed much. They say fatty foods can be a problem because bile fromt he gall bladder helps to digest that, but I haven't had many issues at all. The only thing I've noticed is that when it's time to go to the restroom, IT'S TIME TO GO. I aint talking #1 here either. I know, EWWW!

had my surgery Thursday home on Sunday, lots of drugs in the hospital, didn't help the pain much (you don't know how many times you use the muscles in the stomach area until there's a hole in them and it hurts every time you go to set down get into bed etc.) last nite was terrible slept in the deck chair (only place I could get comfortable). hope tonite is better. every time I look at the RSTD it just gets worse! out of work for at least 6 weeks, needed the vacation, but I can think of alot better ways to get it. I'll lurk around till I can throw a leg over. then maybe make up for lost time. all ya'all take care and ride safe!!

had my surgery thursday home on sunday, lots of drugs in the hospital, didn't help the pain much (you don't know how many times you use the muscles in the stomach area until there's a hole in them and it hurts every time you go to set down get into bed etc.) last nite was terrible slept in the deck chair (only place i could get comfortable). Hope tonite is better. Every time i look at the rstd it just gets worse! Out of work for at least 6 weeks, needed the vacation, but i can think of alot better ways to get it. I'll lurk around till i can throw a leg over. Then maybe make up for lost time. All ya'all take care and ride safe!!

be carefull!! Don't push it!!!

Best of luck on your recovery. :thumbsup2:

I know how you feel about missing the scoot. Doc said I should be Ok now after a week (back surgery),:scratchchin:

but Karen says I should wait till I don't need the Valium for muscle spasms anymore.:confused24:

She's probably right.:innocent:

Heal Well, Scooter Bob

I didn't get mine taken out. It went on it's own. They went in and looked and it was gone. This made the Pancreas mad and it sent me back to the hospital. Don't think I've ever been that sick. When I walked in my Blood Pressure was 80/47. They thought machine was broke. Dropped about 35 pounds but I don't recommend it!!! Eating everything in sight now trying to gain it back..... Hope yours goes a LOT better than mine did.

I had mine taken out laperscopically, however I've endured 2 csections, it's not much different than what you had done. Let's say getting up from bed was a pain in more ways than one. 6 weeks is about when ya feel better, don't push it.