IGNORED

Kudos to members of VentureRider.org

50btripn

Guest BluesLover
I'll have to look you up to see how the two Elgins compare.
Come on up for the International Rally in 2008 and you won't be very far at all from the other Elgin (County) ... railway capital of Canada by the way :cool10: ...

Cheers,

This Site is addictive! After checking my e-mails I come right here to read the latest posts.

I am far from being an "expert" on my Midnight Venture but I'm learning a heck of a lot here.

Regards.....Boomer

Same for me Boomer, I check in here a couple of times a night to see whats being said, what I like is the friendly ribbing that goes on between members who I presume have met each other at some point. As yet I have only met Rambling man but hope to get to Don's maintainance day next year and definitely the 08 rally in Kitchener.

From the many comments that I've read over the last few mths it is a site that seems to care about its members. Keep it up guys ...& gals...

Ian

I agree this is a great place.

Last winter I bought an 84 Venture and joined the site. Since then I received a killer deal on MAC exhaust pipes thanks to Condor, I learned how to add a relay to my horn circuit and most recently, I learned how to remove my rear wheel and grease my driveshaft splines. All this I got from using the search function, checking out the tech section and asking questions.

Besides the great on-line advice, I've also connected with a local member for parts (thanks StuD) and through him, went to a meet-n-greet in a town a couple of hours away. There I met a great bunch of BC VRiders and after a good gab, enjoyed a sweet group ride back to my home town.

So I've saved money, become a safer rider and got to meet and cruise with a bunch of nice people. What more could I ask for from a website?

cheers

trond

i , only log on here every once in a while.mainly do that , because i'm bored!

never met ANYONE from this site, face to face, but i guess it is gonna happen sooner or later.

i hope that when i do meet one of you guys, that i'm "out of town", for some reason or another.

i would hate for my neighbors to "catch me in the act", of socializing with the likes of this bunch!!!!!

NOT!!!!!

now , what were we talking about?

oh , yes ,i kinda like this place!

just jt

:think: Seriously,never heard of Elgin,man you must live out in the boonies.

Elgin is where it ALL happens, at least before 8:00 pm, then the streets roll up.

Now, for raggin on engineers :Im not listening to

I like ta fell off my chair laughing at this post! McKinney felt like that about 5-6 years ago. About 3 years ago, people here started taking more than cash, like credit and debit cards (yanno, ta buy things).

This website works because of all of YOU!

It started out as a technical forum but quickly turned into a riding/eating club. The majority of the folks here have 1 thing in common that many other sites dont....respect for others opinions.

I'll be the first to admit that I dont always agree with everyones opinion, but that is life and I deal with it. This site gives us hope, hope that we can all work on getting along and as different as we are, we can still enjoy these bikes, together. This place is very addictive, the only reason I'm not on here more than I am is my work schedule. I have a mission with this website, and thats to meet everyone that will be willing to meet me.

It's good to hear that this place stirs your souls as it does mine :)

Aw shucks Mr Dillon. I feels a group hug comming on........... :stirthepot:

Ok Hipshot - I looked up Telferner. Not far from me at all. A spot of joy on the map named for an Italian guy. Population of 700 in 2000. So, watch out, when Mocha is back on her wheels I WILL come and park in your drive and make the neighbors cringe. Seriously though, this website is a lot of fun. Even for an eating club with a riding disorder.:178:

J.B.

I'm with you Dave!

Btw, it looks like we have a couple of things in common ... I too live in Elgin (County that is, in Ontario, Canada) and I too am an engineer (electrical).

Cheers,

I dont live in or near an Elgin but i do own one its a 1954 7.5HP so can i play to

Ok Hipshot - I looked up Telferner. Not far from me at all. A spot of joy on the map named for an Italian guy. Population of 700 in 2000. So, watch out, when Mocha is back on her wheels I WILL come and park in your drive and make the neighbors cringe. Seriously though, this website is a lot of fun. Even for an eating club with a riding disorder.:178:

J.B.

j.b., you have an open invitation, to come on over!

while you're at it , stop in Refugio, and pick up my brother,"rattlesnake"(ron nelson)

he'll show ya the way!

lol

just jt

I dont live in or near an Elgin but i do own one its a 1954 7.5HP so can i play to

MAN!!!!!, that brings back memories! i remember the first "outboard" that i ever saw, was an ELGIN!!!!!

i thought "man that thing is powerful"!!! sure is faster than oars!

lol

just jt

I agree this is a great place.

Last winter I bought an 84 Venture and joined the site. Since then I received a killer deal on MAC exhaust pipes thanks to Condor, I learned how to add a relay to my horn circuit and most recently, I learned how to remove my rear wheel and grease my driveshaft splines. All this I got from using the search function, checking out the tech section and asking questions.

Besides the great on-line advice, I've also connected with a local member for parts (thanks StuD) and through him, went to a meet-n-greet in a town a couple of hours away. There I met a great bunch of BC VRiders and after a good gab, enjoyed a sweet group ride back to my home town.

So I've saved money, become a safer rider and got to meet and cruise with a bunch of nice people. What more could I ask for from a website?

cheers

trond

Glad to see you didn't sell that beast... lookin forward to hooking up with you and the others again this coming spring for another meet 'n eat.

Oh, and StuD... if ya read this, I still owe ya for that front brake wiring!

This website works because of all of YOU!

It started out as a technical forum but quickly turned into a riding/eating club. The majority of the folks here have 1 thing in common that many other sites dont....respect for others opinions.:)

I have a little different take on that. I believe it works because of Freebird's vision, insistence on civil discourse, and on sticking to the subject of motorcycles. I've been on other sites for other vehicles I own (trucks and cars) looking for much the same stuff I originally came here for. What I found was that this site had spoiled me into expecting that everybody behaved. What I found on those other sites were bullies and trolls just waiting to berate the newby, or to pick a fight with someone that they didn't agree with. The other thing I found were almost non-existent moderators. By that I mean either not there, or no vision for what the site could be. I'll give credit to Freebird for this site's success in that area as well. Not to take away from the fine moderators on this site, but they wouldn't be here if they had not been recruited, massaged and maintained by Mr. Freebird. There is a lot to be said for the leadership that we enjoy here.