IGNORED

Wife's Xmas Present

Gambler

Hey Gambler, howzit going? Well, to answer that question, we need a little more info such as how it is going to be used such as on a scoot or in a cage, how good is her vision, etc. For the most part, the major brands are Garmin, Magellin, and Tom Tom. Prices have come down a lot, and unless you need waterproof, etc, you should be able to pick up a good unit for less than $200.

Well I use a Garmin Nuvi 350. I absolutely love it. I travel quite a bit for work and all of my peers at work agree that Garmin products are the best overall choice. It's also easy to use on the bikes and it's all flash RAM (vs. hard drive) so it doesn't die from vibration. Garmin maps and configuration options are very good comparatively It's also the largest manufacturer of GPSs.

Benefits of my 350 include:

* It's Small and easy to take with me anywhere or in any vehicle.

* It easily connects to a car stereo (or motorcycle) with a plug to accy input or with a cassette adapter.

* It has a memory card slot to add maps and custom locations.

* It has an MP3 player built in and the directions interrupt the music when necessary.

If I had it to do over again I would choose the 360 which is the same except it has bluetooth. This allows connection of a phone, ear-piece etc. that can be used as if they were built in like the MP3 player. Another level of flexibility. There are also bluetooth compatible car stereos that would make hook-up easier if you have one or get one in the future.

If the 350/360 is too small there is a larger version of the same thing - just a bigger screen (either 650 and 660 or 750 and 760 - can't remember).

These would be my personal recommendations although I know there are other choices available. The Garmins are usually a bit more expensive, but IMHO worth it for a linger term investment. There are a couple of other threads here with other people's experiences. If you poke around with a few searches I'm sure you can turn up more info.

Good luck.

Well Boomer

Ya caught me , for the last month I have had a new bike ( to me)

hidden in the closet. I guess its time to come out of the closet.

This is my official statement for comming out of the closet, Yes folks

I have moved over to the DARK side , now the proud owner of a

2003 Royal Star Midnight Venture ,18700 miles , now sitting at 19565 miles

tons of safety chrome,

I am sorry to all my 1st Gen brothers who are still in the closet , the time

has come , the world has great roads outside the closet , Honestly

I have been treated well ,so now its your turn

Gambler ( ROTFLMAO )

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

I use the Garmin Quest 2 (which is actually supplied by my employer). It lasted less than a year...the connection between the antenna and the main unit gets corroded after time, and I ended up losing satellite reception. I found out that that problem occurs quite often with the Quest 2 by Garmin.

Just bought a tom tom one! I'm happy as a clam with it. It's a no frills, Just direction machine. Great for newbees, I'll probably outgrow it and want something better, But then again I've been ooutgrowing my pants for years!

Kenw:322: