IGNORED

Fuel countdown

CaptainJoe

Do yourself a favor... If you have 2 bars showing, your in the fuel countdown mode, and, your approaching a steep hill with cagers on your six... switch to reserve immediately...

I found this out on my way to MD today... luckily the cagers weren't riding my six...:whistling:

took a half a mile going up hill for the reserve to kick in... food for thought...

On the flat you can run without flipping to reserve well below one bar...

Found out the same thing last year on the way to Blue ridge but I was already on reserve but I just knew I could go the 5 miles to the next gas station found out not up a steep hill. Luckily I coasted far enough to get over the crest or I would have been stuck between two hills. :shock3:

My fuel guage has always baffled me. When it gets to the last bar on the meter, it will flip to another guage that begins an upward count of miles ridden, up to about 15, at which point the engine will begin to sputter and I need to flip to the reserve tank. But when I fill the tank sometime in the next 10 or 20 miles, it usually always still takes less than 5 gallons. I just assume that for whatever reason, my '99 has a 1+ gal. reserve, and not the .8 gal. reserve the specs say it has.

Strange. :confused07: