can anyone tell me the name of the brake line conection value near the steering head. and where i may be able to fine one. it has a small rubber boot on it the size of a nickel. mine has a small leak. it only leaks if i push it w/my thumb any help would be greatly appreciated thak you. 89 vr.

can anyone tell me the name of the brake line conection value near the steering head. and where i may be able to fine one. it has a small rubber boot on it the size of a nickel. mine has a small leak. it only leaks if i push it w/my thumb any help would be greatly appreciated thak you. 89 vr.

Believe its called metering valve.

I looked at the one I removed from my bike. If there is fluid under the rubber cap, it needs replaced.

I don't know of a rebuild kit for these. Might check with MiCarl or Skydoc17. One of them will know if it can be rebuilt.

Gary

Yes, it is a metering valve. Not much in there other than a precision size oriface to regulate flow rate of the brake fluid to the front brake. Not to be confused with the proportioning valve at the rear cylinder which is a time delay from when you apply the rear brake until fluid starts to flow to the front brake...