IGNORED

Headlight assy (Broken glass)

trandeod

Has anyone tried the headlight mod that's in the tech section? I want to try it on my 06 RSV but don't want to break my good headlight. Does anyone have a broken one laying around or do you know of one?? Give me a shout if you do. Thanks.

Tom,

If your talking about the mod shown here.....you WILL have to break the glass..

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=498

The glass is glued into the metal housing.

Please make note that the bead of glue runs the entire circumference between the glass and metal housing..

I had to grind the glue (and broken glass) out when I did this mod.

Yamaha was not being skimpy at all on the amount...or "strength" of glue in this area as they are on the amount of grease placed on the driveshaft splines......

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tesnevo

Alright, I did the conversion to the bucket and installed the Adjure. I also did the HID installation on the light.

My findings so far, keep in mind this is on a 2007 RSV.

* The adjure lens doesn't fit well without alot of bucket/bracket modifications. But it will work.

* The chrome ring that goes around the lens (factory one) will not work after this is done. The Adjure, although it is supposed to be 7" is actually 7 1/8" to 7 1/4" from my findings/measurements on several of them.

* If you are going to use the chrome hood/cover on the lens you have to epoxy this to the top of the lens. That works well and will hold w/o problem.

*Final assembly looks great.

*HID, I bought the HI-LOW Digital http://www.xtralights.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1349 as I wanted the digital advantage.

* The digital bulb has a reflector half way around the bulb length and a removable hood. From my estimation it is there to act as a deflector for the bike since the majority of the come w/o a deflector in the lens.

* While the bulb will go in the Adjure, the removable hood needs to be taken off. This has no direct impact on the beam since the Adjure has a built in hood/deflector on the tri-bar.

* Tech support for this HID SUCKS! I knew more about their product than they did!

*After all is said and done. The bulbs is nice and bright. I have yet to give it a real world test because my girl is tore down getting alot of "winter" accessories added to her.

* I ordered the replacement OEM lens/bucket assembly in case I don't like the Adjure pattern and want to go back original. I just hate the ribbed lens in it.

The Adjure lens is nice on the bike especially since my driving lights came as a tri bar design. I will have to test the light pattern with the new setup to see if it will stay or I will sell the Adjure conversion. For those considering the conversion, it is allot of work. Its a shame they don't make a bracket/bucket conversion to make this easier.

I need to find someone who can make a conversion plate for this. There will be a nice profit for someone that does.