IGNORED

Exhaust Upgrade ??????

SteveB

I recently finished doing an upgrade on my handle bars, using the Flanders bars and cables from Buckeye Performace. Using a lot of info form here, everything turned out great.

So I am on to my next project: Looking to improve the sound from my 2008 RSV. I have replaced the stock exhaust with Harley Roadking's. but I am interested in trying out some Vance & Hines slip on's.

Does anybody here, have that exhaust on thier bike ?

I have heard and seen a small clip on youtube, but not a lot of information there.:fingers-crossed-emo

Steve

if you use a hole saw and drill the plug out of both ends of the RK's, you'll pretty much have a straight thru exhaust. About the only way to get them any louder is with a straight pipe, had them on mine for 10 miles, couldn't wait to get home and shut it off -

Saw a clip with a burgundy venture running Vance and Hines Monster Oval Baggers. Sounded real nice to me, in fact I think I will order them along with a shorter, tinted windshield I saw on Slip Stream. They have everything from 6" to 17' clear or tinted. Haven't decided what height to go, perhaps someone here has suggestions? ( dumb question, of course they do!).

• 1 month later...

I purchased a set of V&H Monster Ovals off Ebay for $200 that fit 2008 Street Glide. The mounting is a bit different from the older RK pipes, but I'm making a bracket to fit. Sounds great too so I can't wait to finish the project.

I also purchased the short smoked windshields. It changes the face of the bike and looks great. However I'm 6'-3" and the wind can be too much on long trips so I switch out when I go on long hauls.

Saw a clip with a burgundy venture running Vance and Hines Monster Oval Baggers. Sounded real nice to me, in fact I think I will order them along with a shorter, tinted windshield I saw on Slip Stream. They have everything from 6" to 17' clear or tinted. Haven't decided what height to go, perhaps someone here has suggestions? ( dumb question, of course they do!).

I have the 8" smoke Slipstreamer windshield on my RSV. I really like it especially for summer riding. I'm 5'6" and it directs air over the top of my head at anything above 40mph. If you're taller, you could go with one of the taller shields for the same effect.

Here is a pic of my bike with that shield.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b303/elmicko2002/utf-8BSU1HMDAyODktMjAxMTA2MDctMTU1OS5qcGc.jpg

I purchased a set of V&H Monster Ovals off Ebay for $200 that fit 2008 Street Glide. The mounting is a bit different from the older RK pipes, but I'm making a bracket to fit. Sounds great too so I can't wait to finish the project.

I also purchased the short smoked windshields. It changes the face of the bike and looks great. However I'm 6'-3" and the wind can be too much on long trips so I switch out when I go on long hauls.

Baggershield is a new sponser on this forum. You may want to check out our website, we have a windshield for the Venture that is a 8.5" low tinted shield that can adjust up to a 13.5" windshield for touring. The adjustable shield tucks in behind the tinted one, so it can be switched out anytime, anywhere without tools. There is a small picture of it adjusted to the 13.5" height on a venture, on the banner at the bottom of this post www.baggershield.com