IGNORED

A STROKE of luck

Nighthawk II

On May the 2nd I woke up not feeling too well. My left hand was swollen and my arm was tingly numb from fingertips to shoulder. The area around my mouth was tingling. Checked my blood pressure several times and it was continually going up. So off to the Dr. Office I go. He loads me into a meat wagon and sends me to UT hospital where the tests begin. the result was that I had a TIA or mini- stroke. When I was able to go tell the Boss at work they told me I would have to be off until the Dr. Said it would be safe for me to go back to work. BUT, the Medical Dept. Of Norfolk Southern said that I would have to be off for a minimum of 6 months and not have any more TIA's to be able to go back to work. My question is....What do I do with all this time on my hands? :think: Should I still try to make MD?:think:

Nighthawk, I hope your better and get to go to Freebirds. Did they give you some medication for this and will it affect you when riding ? I believe I would ask Doc about that and take his opinion to heart. Be careful what ever you do. It is bad enough to have to dodge the maniacs in the four wheelers and keep it straight.

Fuzzy

the Docs did add and change some meds. But they have not put any restrictions on me. They just said to do things as I can tolerate them. The house boss said If I still go that bike would have to go in mobile cave and someone would have to travel with me. I feel fine now so if I can talk my younger sis into it I'm gonna try to be there.