IGNORED

Moving the controls on the handlebars.

I've been moving my handlebars around some trying to find the most comfortable position for me. I think I finally got there by rotating them down toward the tank quiet a bit. All is good, but the turn signals, cruise control stuff, etc are now pointing down too much. I've tried loosening them to rotate them up a bit, but they don't seem to want to move. Can these be rotated around and if so, what am I missing?

there is a hole in the bars and a small piece if metal sticking out of the bottom of your controles, that goes into that hole to keep things in place.

remove that little piece of material and turn them anyplace ya want.

mike

Have you installed the bar risers? If not, these will help a lot in getting the "right position".

Yep, put risers on first thing but I've got really stubby arms. LOL

I'll see if I can locate that pin so I can move them. Anybody got a pic of it?

more holes in the handlebars??:confused24:

He did state he rotated the bars downward with the controls all pointed downward now.

Now he wants the controls back to their original position.

So one of two options with his current setup, (1) cut the nipple of the control housings which means eventually the control housings will rotate (spin on the bars) or (2) leave the nipples on the control housings and drill the holes in the location he needs.

The other option would be to swap to Flanders Bar which comes back 2 inches for the short arm guys.

i understand the reason that he would drill the hole, my concern was the loss of strength in the bars with extra holes drilled.

it would seem that the hole would have to be in line with the original hole, and not very far apart from that hole.

what would be the lesser of the 2 concerns? a loose horn button, or a broken handlebar?

mike