IGNORED

Are deer afraid of Venture Clutch whine?

pktexas

Just got back home today from a 1743 mile trek here in Texas. Cliff Wall a friend I met on the 2010 RAT ride was coordinating a SS1000 Iron Butt ride yesterday with the Motorcycle Touring Forum. I signed up and was the only Iron Butt rider. It was from Ft Worth to Fort Stockton, to Sanderson and back up to Austin and back to Ft Worth. Left work on Friday at noon and got back to Pearland around 2p.

While riding 349 from Dryden off of Hwy 90 back up to I-10 which was a real nice ride, sorta like the Big Bend river ride. I came over one rise and seen a deer walking across the road ahead of me, it stops in my lane and is looking at me coming. I am slowing and sounding both air horns, it still looking at me. I would have had plenty of time to slow and stop, but as I got closer the deer finally went off the road. I believe it finally heard the clutch whine cause I know it was really hurting my ears. My MP3 had died earlier on the ride so thats all I had to listen to.

Oh well won't complain anymore if it helped me, who knows. Great 2 day ride, but I am typing this standing up.