IGNORED

My Audio got a new brain

My audio system started to on it's own cycle through all functions at will especially when vibration was present. engine idle, going down hwy etc. It would work perfectly normal with bike setting and engine off. The Mechanic suggested as has been suggested here to check all connections behind the fairing behind the dash . I did that and I also applied dialectic grease as suggested on posts here. To no avail. I took it to my mechanic @ the dealership & helped him troubleshoot the problem. We noticed that even with the main control pod turned off the sound of the cycling through the speakers was still present.To make a long story short it was deduced that the main brain located behind the top fairing just behind the cassette deck tape slot was the culprit. They ordered it directly from Clarion and it came in in about 1wk. Thank God it is still under warranty because the brain is 1,000 dollars if I had to replace it. I also had the main switch replaced 2 wks ago when they trouble shot the Audio. That is another 3 to 4 hundred expense that I would of had to endure. The Yamaha warranty is awesome. My bike is an 03 as you can tell top of page Duh! No other bike in the world would be under warranty 4 yrs out would cover these problems. I also have about 62,000 miles on my bike. The K&N yamaha dealership service manager just called me ironically as I am doing this post to see if everything is functioning properly. That's service. I have bought all my new bikes from them for these reasons. K&N is the oldest yamaha dealer in the U.S. established 1957. The Head mechanic has been there for 20yrs + and can work on anything. The junior mechanic age 21 just won the top Yamaha mechanic competition for North America by Yamaha Corp. and went to Japan to compete for top mechanic worldwide. Guess where K&N got there name. Norm Mcdonald owner was partner with the k ( I can't recall his name) but they designed the K&N filters many of us use and love. Norm sold out his portion of the company some time back. K&N is in Tulsa, Ok. I apologize for going on and on but with all the bad press some dealerships receive on this sight and the nightmare reports that a positive report might be due. :7_2_104[1]:

Ditto on K&N's dealer reputation. I buy parts from them, but I do my own work. I'll use them for anything I can't do (well, I'll probably use Kool Rides for tires, they're closer to home.)

Ken Johnson is the other half of K&N.

http://www.knmotorcycles.com/pages/aboutus/aboutus/default.aspx

Phil McDonald is the director for the local MSF training agency. He was an instructor when Amy, CJ & I took the Basic Rider course. If you've met Phil, you know he's passionate about safety. The other instructor was the ABATE state chapter safety director, Paul Brinker. We enjoyed the course.

I do alot of my own work also, but when it comes to warranty work you don't have a choice. Phil is probably even more passionate about mc safety as he was teeboned by an elderly person about 3 to 4 yrs ago . He lost quite a bit of mobility in his hands and arms. He was a great motorcycle engine performance machinist and there was some question whether he would be able to continue. I saw him @ the dealership so I think he is doing machine work again. He has his own shop in the back.

I saw Paul Brinker at an after party chili feed for the Drumright///Cushing toy run about 3 wks ago. I have known Paul for a number of years and he is a great guy. I'm not familiar with the town your from in Oklahoma and I'm terrible w\ names so I've already forgot it. Maybe we can meet somewhere and do a ride somewhere to eat or something like that. Those of you trying to keep up with my post this is the 2nd time I've tried to respond. I tried to respond off of a quote and it wouldn' let me submit. BaBye!