IGNORED

Just ordered one of these

It's a Shark Audio System SHKMSM2050K for my '98 RSTD. $115 and change. I'll let y'all know how it sounds and post some pics once I get it on the bike. That includes the system itself, a pair of handlebar brackets for the speakers, and shipping. I heard one of these on a Roak King a couple months ago, sounded pretty good. If you haven't seen or heard one, check out Shark Audio on you tube.

• 2 weeks later...
It's a Shark Audio System SHKMSM2050K for my '98 RSTD. $115 and change. I'll let y'all know how it sounds and post some pics once I get it on the bike. That includes the system itself, a pair of handlebar brackets for the speakers, and shipping. I heard one of these on a Roak King a couple months ago, sounded pretty good. If you haven't seen or heard one, check out Shark Audio on you tube.

Did you get this fitted yet and whats your thoughts on it whilst riding

I installed a set of these speakers two years ago. I used a different amp though. I think the amp came from cycle sounds. The amp was a lot smaller and chrome. I mounted it behind the headlight with the cable running to the handle bar mount for playing songs off the iphone. Will post some pics of mine if I can find my camera. The speakers sound great.

Here are some pics of the way I installed mine. I used two piece chrome clamps and stainless fasteners to attach the speakers to the handle bars. All the wires from the speakers and the amp are connected under the tank. I ran switched power to the amp to one of the switches above my clutch resevoir. Ran the aux input to my phone holder and control everything from the phone. The amp is completely sealed up so there is no need to hide it in a waterproof place. I just turn it off each time I turn the key off so it doesn't draw power when trying to start the bike. The remaining switches are for my light bar and a light inside my trailer that I can turn on without having to turn on the bike.

Here are some pics of the way I installed mine. I used two piece chrome clamps and stainless fasteners to attach the speakers to the handle bars. All the wires from the speakers and the amp are connected under the tank. I ran switched power to the amp to one of the switches above my clutch resevoir. Ran the aux input to my phone holder and control everything from the phone. The amp is completely sealed up so there is no need to hide it in a waterproof place. I just turn it off each time I turn the key off so it doesn't draw power when trying to start the bike. The remaining switches are for my light bar and a light inside my trailer that I can turn on without having to turn on the bike.

Looks good how do you get the forks and the resiviors so shiny

The Chrome forks on the S model are pretty easy to keep clean, just soap and water. The reseviors I have to polish pretty regular to keep them from looking dull. Use Eagle One Never Dull metal polish on the parts that aren't chrome.

Yeah, got it mounted last weekend.. Mounted speakers to mirror mounts. put amp in the little leather bag I have mounted on the back of the fairing. I want to get a bigger bag then it will be permanent in there. A couple thoughts.

First of all, very simple to install. I think about 10 minutes from opening the box to powering on.

Doesn't sound bad. even at highway speed, you can understand what your listening to.

The built in antenna is kinda weak, and there isn't a jack to plug in an external one. It does have a USB port, so you can plug in a flash drive or MP3 player.

All in all, I would say that it was well worth the $115 I spent on it.