IGNORED

Vancouver Island MC Ride for Dad

camos

I will be leaving Saltspring on the 0700 ferry to Crofton then over the Hat. I am meeting a couple friends there. One just bought a new Yamaha. Weather report is light rain so I expect it will be heavier on the Hat but not as bad as last year. I think the poker run is up to Duncan where we meet up with the Nanaimo riders.

Just remembered, the rain was during Ride to Live which is June 5 this year. I think their poker run is out the Saanich peninsula to Sidney. I plan on doing both.

Edited by Sailor

Hi Rocket. Just heard your message. I don't have Skype so it goes to the answering machine in the living room and I am in the den in back so don't hear it. If you are in Victoria Saturday will you be doing the ride Sunday?

Hi Rocket. Just heard your message. I don't have Skype so it goes to the answering machine in the living room and I am in the den in back so don't hear it. If you are in Victoria Saturday will you be doing the ride Sunday?

I don't have any details on the ride & will be attempting to recover from the EME Branch Regimental birthday party Sat night. We also have something else, going on at the unit on Sun, think it is a unit Family BBQ as unit summer stand down is almost upon us, but it is a non uniform weekend.

:canada:

I had a look on the Ride for Dad website and could not find any mention of the poker run route. Doesn't matter much where it goes to I guess. Last year was great weather but the forecast is not so great this year.

With the large number of participants I think it will be a bit difficult meeting up with people one has never met and have no idea what they look like. Anyway, unless you have a better idea than I do, I'll be on my black and white xv1100 which doesn't look much like a Virago anymore although it does still have the pods and is also decidedly scruffy at this point which should make it fairly recognizable. Also, if it's raining I'll be wearing my grey Teknic waterproof textile jacket. If you see an unfashionably dressed rider on such a unique bike it will probably be me.

I will be leaving Saltspring on the 0700 ferry to Crofton then over the Hat. I am meeting a couple friends there. One just bought a new Yamaha. Weather report is light rain so I expect it will be heavier on the Hat but not as bad as last year. I think the poker run is up to Duncan where we meet up with the Nanaimo riders.

Just remembered, the rain was during Ride to Live which is June 5 this year. I think their poker run is out the Saanich peninsula to Sidney. I plan on doing both.