IGNORED

Popping in the Drive line???

Hi everyone first time posting here. I got a question? I have a 06 midnight venture with around 26000 miles on it and the more I drive it I notice a popping sound coming from the drive line only when im backing it out of my shead. Now it stops when I ride it a few miles and it dont seem to hurt anything? But when its been sitting a few days it pops alot when i back it out? I checked the rear end and it all looks good there. So any comments or sugestions would help. Be cool and ride ride ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused24:

There is a tech service bulletin on this (you can find it in the tech library). In short, the drive pins in the rear wheel need to be greased.

Goose

Edited by V7Goose
change "final drive" to "rear wheel"

Be sure to use Honda Moly60 grease on the pins and all three splines when you remove the Final Drive....

Part number 08734-0001 at a Honda or Acura CAR dealership will save you a few dollars.

Yes it is 3 Oz in a 6 Oz tube..... so it comes half full, but it is a LIFETME supply as you apply it sparingly.

Guest scarylarry
Ok guys thanks alot for the info! Im glad its not the u joint like I was thinking? Ill get on it soon as I figure how to get her heavy butt off the ground! THANKS!!!!!!

Bring to Murfreesboro and I will help you do it, I have the jack and all the tools...

I'll pm you my number...

Bring to Murfreesboro and I will help you do it, I have the jack and all the tools...

I'll pm you my number...

There are a lot of nice people on the fourm!!!!

scarylarry,

I want to thank you for offering to hlep someone out!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOO COOL!!!!!!

Guest scarylarry
There are a lot of nice people on the fourm!!!!

scarylarry,

I want to thank you for offering to hlep someone out!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOO COOL!!!!!!

He is less than hr. from me...

Oh please don't tell anyone....