IGNORED

Orginal owners

steppenwolf

So I have been a Yamaha guy most of my life,160 Honda Dream,'66 Honda 450 and then a '70 XS650 but in '80 I bought a XS1100 Yamaha Special that I have ridden ever since. Been with the bike almost 31 years,it does the job,very reliable..low mileage 82000,so have many of you bought the Venture when they first came out and still have them?

I have read horror stories of what po's have done to the XS's...if you are the orginal owner I would be interested in your thoughts as I might look into getting one.Just a maybe as a back up bike.

I'll let someone else take the big hit on depreciation....

Ya, but the NEW bike comes with the warranty.;)

Of course that was only good for one ignition coil and one rear shock at 65,000 miles,:scratchchin: so that probably didn't cover the depreciation.:doh:

I've bought a 2005 Midnite new, currently at 81,500 miles, and runs like a top.:thumbsup2:

I figure I'll run this one over 100,000 (just to say I did), and then maybe start looking at new ones again. Hopefully the Venture will be FI by then.

Later, Scooter Bob

I figure I'll run this one over 100,000 (just to say I did), and then maybe start looking at new ones again. Hopefully the Venture will be FI by then.

Later, Scooter Bob

Yep... A V6 w/FI based on the new V-Max 1700, and I'd be very tempted to take the hit.....:whistling: :big-grin-emoticon: