IGNORED

Any 2008 recalls

Are there any 2008 recalls that anyone is aware of. or where can I find that Info. I really enjoy this site Ya'll are the greatest.

Thanks, Melvin

I have a 2008 and know of no type of recall at this time. You can call Mr. Shanel Prator, Yamaha Service Rep. at 714-761-7300 in California for any info concerning the venture. DanC :cool10:

To check for recalls on your bike, of any vehicle for that matter, you can go to www.recalls.gov . There you can check not only for recalls, but also TSB, customer compaints, and any investigations initiated by NHTSA. You can also use this site to file a complaint, such as the "whine" that everyone talks about. If enough compaints ger filed for a particular problem, NHTSA will initiate an inquiry.

:mytruck:

To check for recalls on your bike, of any vehicle for that matter, you can go to www.recalls.gov . There you can check not only for recalls, but also TSB, customer compaints, and any investigations initiated by NHTSA. You can also use this site to file a complaint, such as the "whine" that everyone talks about. If enough compaints ger filed for a particular problem, NHTSA will initiate an inquiry.

:mytruck:

The Yamaha loose head bolt recall is not listed in this database for either 2007 or 2008.

Since we know that there is a recall, it would appear Yamaha never reported it to the Gov't. Maybe only safety related recalls have to be reported.????

The Yamaha loose head bolt recall is not listed in this database for either 2007 or 2008.

Since we know that there is a recall, it would appear Yamaha never reported it to the Gov't. Maybe only safety related recalls have to be reported.????

The issue with the head bold torque is technically not a recall. It is covered under TSB number 2007015 issued on October 2, 2007. In my line of work we refer to them as "hidden" recalls.