IGNORED

New Exhaust for the 1Gen

]Hey All, I am sure this has been hashed out plenty of times, and I promise I did a forum search prior to posting :doh: I have pulled the exhaust off of the "brown Bomber" (1985 VR) and I will have to create or purchase a new collector, but figured as long as I am at it, I might as well give it some new pipes to boot. Now I see a group of you have gone with the MAC's and some with the jardines, and Rusty even made his with "glasspacks", I was just wondering what H/D pipes (exhaust mufflers) will work slip-on to the 1 Gen.

The reason I ask, is I have many misguided friends who prefer the old Orange and Black to the mertic side of the house and most of them have sheds full of various "tossed aside after upgrade parts" and just thought I would go searching if someone could guide me in the right direction. Thanks if Advance, and I have literly spent hours in reading the Tech info on this side. Keep up the good work all.

I have mounted HD mufflers on my 83. Its not hard, have to do a little fabricating and get some extensions for pipes but it can be done, I wasnt the first to do it on a first gen, but I am one of many.

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=3179&d=1191896730vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=409&d=1155982664

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=408&d=1155982656

]Hey All, I am sure this has been hashed out plenty of times, and I promise I did a forum search prior to posting :doh: I have pulled the exhaust off of the "brown Bomber" (1985 VR) and I will have to create or purchase a new collector, but figured as long as I am at it, I might as well give it some new pipes to boot. Now I see a group of you have gone with the MAC's and some with the jardines, and Rusty even made his with "glasspacks", I was just wondering what H/D pipes (exhaust mufflers) will work slip-on to the 1 Gen.

The reason I ask, is I have many misguided friends who prefer the old Orange and Black to the mertic side of the house and most of them have sheds full of various "tossed aside after upgrade parts" and just thought I would go searching if someone could guide me in the right direction. Thanks if Advance, and I have literly spent hours in reading the Tech info on this side. Keep up the good work all.

i have installed a pair of road king mufflers i picked up off ebay for 10 bucks. i think the guy said they were off a 2003, and they were brand spankin new. all you need is a couple of adapter pipes i picked up at a local store for less than ten bucks each pipe (need two) or get your local muffler shop to bend a couple short adapter pipes. i fabricated a couple of brackets to attach mufflers to the back bag racks. this project was so simple and looks good. i have the pipes flush with the back chrome trim. they look sweet. any questions p/m me.

cheers, Scott

How about posting some pics of your bike, like to see how yours came out...............

i have installed a pair of road king mufflers i picked up off ebay for 10 bucks. i think the guy said they were off a 2003, and they were brand spankin new. all you need is a couple of adapter pipes i picked up at a local store for less than ten bucks each pipe (need two) or get your local muffler shop to bend a couple short adapter pipes. i fabricated a couple of brackets to attach mufflers to the back bag racks. this project was so simple and looks good. i have the pipes flush with the back chrome trim. they look sweet. any questions p/m me.

cheers, Scott

I installed HD Electraglide (straightcut tip) on my 88 Venture. Punched out the baffle, straight thru, not loud. You'll have to fab a piece to go between the collector and the muffler and a bracket to hang it.

I should have never sold my bike, I miss it. :crying:

[ATTACH]13709[/ATTACH]

Your right, beautiful bike, should have never sold it.......I wont part with mine...........just going to make it better over the winter.

I installed HD Electraglide (straightcut tip) on my 88 Venture. Punched out the baffle, straight thru, not loud. You'll have to fab a piece to go between the collector and the muffler and a bracket to hang it.

I should have never sold my bike, I miss it. :crying:

[ATTACH]13709[/ATTACH]

Thanks for all of the info guys, I have located a set of RK's from a friend of mine, brand new off of a 03, for $50 bucks. Next I just have to find the time to build one of Rusty's collectors and I am off and running, I can't wait to get back on the road again, I am missing prime riding season here in FL. (sorry to all of my new friends up north, but hey, it does give you time to get the projects done without missing riding time) :missingtooth:

As soon as I get the Brown Bomber on the road I will do some follow up pics.