IGNORED

Restriction tubes for the carbtuner?

jfoster

I have the Morgan carbtuner, when I sync the carbs the gauges fluctuate at an idle and smooth out at a higher rpm. I reluctantly threw the restrictor tubes away. Does anyone know of a fix that I can use to restrict the vacuum lines? Or should I be concerned? Tks

I have the Morgan carbtuner, when I sync the carbs the gauges fluctuate at an idle and smooth out at a higher rpm. I reluctantly threw the restrictor tubes away. Does anyone know of a fix that I can use to restrict the vacuum lines? Or should I be concerned? Tks

When I got mine, I swear to all that's holy, it didn't have the restricter tube you cut up and put in the lines. I wrote Morgan and they sent me another, and I recieved it in about 3 days. Drop them an email, you might be surprised.... :thumbsup2:

If you install the restricter tubes near the gage it'll do what you are talking about. Change ends with the hoses so they( the restricters) are located near the engine and the difference will surprise you.

You can purchase plastic vacuum line connectors at any auto parts store. Buy four that fit your hoses. Glue them plugged completely closed. Then drill a small hole in each. Drill the hole progressively larger until you get the result you want. Wala custom restricters. And remember they should be installed just a couple of inches from the hose ends that plug into the carbs.

Mike