IGNORED

hey jlh3rd ... I didn't think the "Huggie Bear" award was appropriate...

SilvrT

I wonder if he was ever able to get the vent installed into his new shield? Like me, I'll bet he said a few choice words.:smile5:

from his email to me, I figgure he got it installed with the help of a few of those words! :rotf:

Didn't Huggy Bear use to ride a First Gen?

I bet that is how he was able to snatch all of those pic-a-nic baskets and get away from the ranger... Oh wait wrong bear.

Ranger must be riding a 2nd gen...................... :stirthepot::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

thanks.......glad it all worked out...............long story short on the vent ?.......i used a heat gun, VERY CAREFULLY !...to soften things up a little to get that "lip" in.....the F4 shield is thicker than the clearview....and....they were supposed to send me a re machined front face......maybe it wasn't.........but, i got it in...

thanks.......glad it all worked out...............long story short on the vent ?.......i used a heat gun, VERY CAREFULLY !...to soften things up a little to get that "lip" in.....the F4 shield is thicker than the clearview....and....they were supposed to send me a re machined front face......maybe it wasn't.........but, i got it in...

I took the vent out of my clearview (when it snapped off) and I did notice that there was a ridge that was all the way around the edge of the vent hole. maybe 1/4-1/2" in width and about 1/8" deep. Because of that the vent sat in near perfectly.

I have a few pictures although it doesn't show very well.