IGNORED

Not motorcycle related

Guest scarylarry

Guest scarylarry

Tonight a friend called and said his front brakes are lock up both sides, so I said master cylinder is bad or the caliber pistons..

He was blocking traffic so we called a wrecker they towed to a parking lot in a safe area.

Then I notice some wiring hook to the master cylinder trace the wires back to the inside to a toggle switch flip the switch and brakes unlock.

He just bought the car and that switch was use for burn outs when, I guess when you are racing..

This is the first I ever seen or heard it.

Anyone ever heard of this?

Guest scarylarry
Yes I have seen, and installed similar systems. I have put electronic brake locks on rollbacks, and wreckers. I prefer the manual ones, but hey customer gets what customer wants.

What kind of a vehicle is it?

05 mustang GT

someone already mentioned it is a "line lock" - you will find it mounted in series with the front brake line at the master cylinder. if it has an inline fuse simply remove to prevent accidental activation, or cut and tape one of the wires to the solenoid (line lock). see pic below.....

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Rutan/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png

Guest scarylarry
someone already mentioned it is a "line lock" - you will find it mounted in series with the front brake line at the master cylinder. if it has an inline fuse simply remove to prevent accidental activation, or cut and tape one of the wires to the solenoid (line lock). see pic below.....

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Rutan/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png

Thanks I'll pass it on so he don't lock it up on the road which would be bad news..

Cause there is no brake lights when this is engaged