IGNORED

spark plugs & SeaFome

Reed

I had a mac. tell me if you use a large amount of Sea fome in some thing you should change plugs after words because it damages the plugs. Has any one notesed this???:shock3:

I would think it would help clean up the plugs! Don't Know

I think I over did it once or twice with the seafoam. Swaped out the plug that was fouled/not fireing and she ran well again.

Well, based on that comment, maybe there is something to what he said. But I still don't buy it!

Goose

now I didn't say foul out the plugs. What I was trying to find out is if it would make a plug not work the way it should? Menanin a weak spark or somthing abnormal?

Now take a plug out of a moter that has been fluded. you can clean ues a tourch to dry them out. It will run but not right. Fluded plugs throw them away & put in New will save a lot of time. Would seafome do the same????????????????????

Edited by Reed

Seafoam is petroleum based so its like adding a small amount of oil to your gas. Not enough to smoke and foul up the plugs. Weve all used seafoam even with heavydoses the plugs should be fine.

if in doubt Pull them out.

Clean them with a wire brush and good to go.

jose

I have been running Seafoam with every other tank of gas I buy....NO problems with my plugs....They are NGK Iridiums and have over 46K on them....Still running great.

Boomer....who sez being a ray of "Sunshine" has its merits.:whistling:

Boomer, how much Seafoam do you put in for every other tank of gas? My RSV runs great, screamin, but if Seafoam will help, hey, let's see what she'll do!

thanks!

BigDawg

Well, if you have a lot of crud in your carbs or upper valve train, a large dose of seafoam can loosen enough of it to foul out the plugs. I've done it by overdosing with seafoam. Normal usage should not normally harm plugs, just when you bust loose a lot of crap at once...