IGNORED

Royal Star 1997 Yellow Light

calperin

Last November, since I was recovering from my surgery and no using it for at least 45 days, I had to move my bike to the winter parking.

I remember that I was not able to started easily, and after a couple of starts, it come up but also a yellow light show up.

After that, I stopped after parking on the right spot, and didn't used at all during this time. Winter weather plus my surgery recover didn't let me be close to the bike to take care of it.

Somebody remember what was that yellow engine light? Was not Oil, was the engine but it never showed up in the past since I have that bike.

I'll start to prepare it for this year, and before to do anything, I want to be sure that nothing went wrong.

Thanks,

calperin

:sick::sick::sick:

the only yellow light is the fuel lowm light, just before it goes into reserve. i'll checkout my owner's manual and see if there's any other yellow light.

Thanks for the reply, but it seemed more an engine light instead of the tank light.

I'm not sure what can be before to try to start it again.

There were not the oil lamp either.

I have no manual to check,

Thanks

• 2 months later...

On my 1996 royal Star .There is a yellow light to the right of the speedometer. The manual states that this is the engine indicator. Every time iginition is turned on this light will turn on for 1.4 second test and the system runs a series of checks. If everything ok the light will go out after 1.4 seconds or when the engine is started.

when the self diagonstic system detects an error, the engine indicator light flashes a diagonstic trouble code after the initial 1.4 second test period.Count the number of flashes and then refer to the table at the end of this chapter to determine the error and the proper corse of action.

Clymer Manual M374 page55

Hope that thi helps.

Winston66. Australia :fingers-crossed-emo:fingers-crossed-emo :whistling::whistling: