IGNORED

Oil Supply

GeorgeS

Current EIA report

Details of the weekly report indicate very low gasoline inventories in the Rocky Mountains and very low diesel supplies in the Midwest. This confirms those local reports of gasoline shortages in North Dakota, and diesel shortages in Iowa and Nebraska.

Overall commercial inventories of all types are 61 million barrels less than a year ago. This rate of decline can not continue indefinitely without causing some type of greater oil product shortage somewhere in the US before long.

Time is running out, fast.

I see these kinds of threads are NOT bumped to the top as new posts are added, as others threads are. Interesting. What's up with that?

Trying to supress information?

Haven't you wondered why there are no new more efficient oil refineries being built? Oil companies have NET PROFITS in the hundreds of billions of dollars. They make their own shortages to raise prices and make more profit yet. Where do you think your information comes from? Oil companies of course!

:stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

Haven't you wondered why there are no new more efficient oil refineries being built? Oil companies have NET PROFITS in the hundreds of billions of dollars. They make their own shortages to raise prices and make more profit yet. Where do you think your information comes from? Oil companies of course!

:stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

Becasue they know it's a dying industry. We have a supply problem guy's. Plain and simple and it's gonna get worse every year.

Gouging: The Lazy Man's Answer

A large portion of the population - including our politicians, judging from recent hearings into the matter - seem to believe that "price gouging" is the explanation for higher gas prices. This explanation reeks of an inability to actually understand the issues. Of course oil companies do seek to maximize profits, but they can't do so by merely raising the price of gasoline. The market does that, and if prices go up the companies earn more money. The cause of higher oil company profits is that oil and gasoline prices have gone up. But many have cause and effect mixed up. They believe that the cause of higher gasoline prices is "profiteering." If that were the case, the oil industry would not be cyclical.

People seem to understand that when the price of gold rises, gold mining companies make more money. And there doesn't seem to be a widespread misconception that the reason they are making more money is that they just decided to raise the price of gold. People understand that they can't do this. It is the same with oil companies and the price of gasoline. (I will address the issue of withholding supply in Part II).

http://www.financialsense.com/fsu/editorials/rapier/2007/0531.html

Here's where we are headed.........

http://www.financialsense.com/fsu/editorials/rapier/2007/images/0531.h1.gif

....I see these kinds of threads are NOT bumped to the top as new posts are added, as others threads are. Interesting. What's up with that?

Trying to supress information?

It must be a conspiracy. I always wondered how Freebired was paying for this site's expenses. Must be in cahoots with TPTB.

Yes...it is a conspiracy. I have "killed" the thread. There are several ways of dealing with such threads. I can delete them which makes them go away completely, I can close them so they are still present but no further replies can be added, or I can "kill" them so that they just drop lower and lower and do not show up in the "new posts" list. That is what I did to this one.

Peak Oil seems to be the only thing that Hank has ever discussed here. I did not build this forum for Hank or anybody else to use for their personal sounding board for a single issue. Many folks think that Peak Oil is a group of crazies that belong in a loony bin somewhere. Many experts have completely destroyed their claims.

There are a lot of places to discuss Peak Oil. Entire pages dedicated to them both pro and con. I have asked Hank in a nice way both publicly and privately to keep it off this site but apparently he has chosen the spreading of the Peak Oil Gospel to be his personal crusade.

...Trying to supress information?

Freebird, you are to nice. Let me see if I understand Hank's logic. A person that spends his own time and his own dime to provide a forum for people to share information about motorcycles is accused of supressing information on that same site because it is NOT about motorcycles. Some peoples kids.... Doesn't pay to argue with people like that. They will kill you (or assasinate your character) just to try to prove their position is correct. What a thug.

Thank you Mr. Freebird for all you do for the GOOD people of this forum.