IGNORED

Who spanks who?

GOINtoHELL

Well the time has come, my son (22) got his first bike. He didn't get a cruiser like I hoped he got a kawasaki Ninja 650r. I have never liked those bikes but I did ride his home,and was very suprised at how comfortable the bike is. I'm sure we will be doing alot of riding together and I have one question I was wondering. After the bike goes through break-in, I'm sure the time will come when we stop at a light and someone will feel froggy. So the question is when that time comes and I'm sure it will .... Who's gonna spank who? The Ninja or RSTD? :confused24:

Inquiring minds want to know.............

depends on who got the bigger testicular fortitude..........had to figure a pg way to sya that. The 650 should eat you for dinner but if he dont have the curage to run it then its a no brainer. Ive outran light to light a 1300 hyabusa because the rider didnt have the nerve and knowledge to drive it like he should.

David

If the write up on Wiki is factual, your gonna get spanked.

Indicates Kaw will do a 12.06 1/4 mile @ 108.7. . 71 crank HP at 48 ft/lbs. 440 lbs curb weight for the 2009.

RSTD is rated at 98 crank and 787 lbs curb weight.

Kaw 6.19 lbs per HP.

RSTD 8.03 lbs per HP.

Don't look good for you.

Gary

The Ninja will out perform the RSTD in every aspect.

It will out accelerate, out brake, and out corner the Royal Star every time. It should even have a higher top end.

NAAAH!! not every aspect!! lets talk after a 600 mile ride at the end of the day??:cool10::mytruck:

You have to be kidding. Most of these cruiser riders don't have a clue what real speed is. Or real stopping power. Always wanting to think that just because their bike can outrun an old Harley its the best in the land when there are lots of bikes that will make it look like its sitting still.

depends on who got the bigger testicular fortitude..........had to figure a pg way to sya that. The 650 should eat you for dinner but if he dont have the curage to run it then its a no brainer. Ive outran light to light a 1300 hyabusa because the rider didnt have the nerve and knowledge to drive it like he should.

David

He probably didn't know you where racing him. Trying to claim that you outran one of the fastest bikes in the world with a cruiser. I once had a Honda Civic pull up beside me when I was in my Trans Am and rev its engine and then take off. It was in an area I had previously gotten a ticket so he probably goes around telling people about beating a Trans Am when I never even punched it. No nerve or knowledge or maybe a little more common sense.

I say you start thinking about your excuses now and get them prepped and memorized.

( I like to take it easy) ( Sure you can accelerate fast , but keep your speed up for 12 hours) This is a mans bike, I treat it with respect and in turn it respects me)(:backinmyday:My wrist hurts)

Ill keep my comment simple. Just let him jump ya and dont crack the throttle. When neither have had a wreck from racing you can make him proud and tell him youd have whipped me anyway, no since in making ya prove it :whistling:

My thoughts exactly. Street racing, even for fun, sux. Too many die from it every year. But, if you wanna let him run it, take it to the local drag strip. Expect to get beat, though. I know nothing of the current sport bike lineup, but I have ridden plenty of the older ones. My last one was a 2002 ZX-6R. Even bone stock it would touch 75mph in first gear at redline, and well over 100 mph in second. The first gen I just traded in would have never touched it, even if it had been gone completely through and race tuned. Don't even get me started on the twisties. The Ninja was built for that, and is ridiculously nimble. When you think you can't go over any farther, you probably still have 4-6 inches before you hear scraping. It's the only class of bike that I've ever ridden where you actually add more throttle to tighten up in a turn. They are a blast to ride...when going over the mountain at a high rate of speed. But, I like I said, I see several each year die in my area pulling that stuff. The Venture is infinitely more comfortable for those of us that have realized that riding isn't a race, but should be done at a pace you can actually enjoy. I'd much rather take a long, slower ride than see who can make it from Holston Valley to Shady on the Snake the fastest.

Just my $.02

My son Brian, Lil Venture, got a CBR 600 many years ago and even though we did not go out and race, there were a few times we might accelerate through the first couple if gears. Even with my bike running good, that little CBR could out accelerate me. Then he got a Yamaha FZ1 and done some exhaust and carb work and I think it pulled about 130hp off the rear wheel on a dyno. I rode that bike and knew there was no reason to pair off against that bike. But, even though the FZ1 was a lot more comfortable than the CBR, I would much spend the day on my Venture.

RandyA

Well the time has come, my son (22) got his first bike. He didn't get a cruiser like I hoped he got a kawasaki Ninja 650r. I have never liked those bikes but I did ride his home,and was very suprised at how comfortable the bike is. I'm sure we will be doing alot of riding together and I have one question I was wondering. After the bike goes through break-in, I'm sure the time will come when we stop at a light and someone will feel froggy. So the question is when that time comes and I'm sure it will .... Who's gonna spank who? The Ninja or RSTD? :confused24:

Inquiring minds want to know.............

Shouldn't this be posted in the Jokes and Humor Forum? :big-grin-emoticon:

Seriously though there is NO CONTEST between the two bikes.

My son recently had a Yamaha R6 or one of the variations of it. I, at the time had a Honda ST1300.

The Honda has a 0-60 time of 4.9 seconds which I exercised often and could easily wheelie the bike at will.

The road I commute from work I exit a tunnel, make a right hand turn onto a flat merge lane then there is 1/4 mile to an overpass. If I nailed it at about 30mph from the merge lane to the overpass I would easily be doing 120+ at the end of the 1/4 mile.

On my son's 600cc bike I ran out of nerve long before reaching the overpass. That thing was SCARY FAST.

Crap....I guess I've been suckered by my son. I kept saying NO to the sportbikes because I thought they were too fast for a first bike. But I guess he suckered me into thinking that because it was a 650 it wasn't that fast. I guess I should have done some homework before agreeing..........

Crap....I guess I've been suckered by my son. I kept saying NO to the sportbikes because I thought they were too fast for a first bike. But I guess he suckered me into thinking that because it was a 650 it wasn't that fast. I guess I should have done some homework before agreeing..........

Yep.

It's not terribly powerful, it is only a 2 cylinder.

Here is a good review about the bike.

http://www.beginnermotorcyclereviews.com/kawasaki-ninja-650r/

"""...Let us be clear: this 650cc bike is not faster than the Ninja ZX6R (Kawasaki’s 600cc super-sport), despite having 50 more cc’s. However, a quarter mile time of 12.1 seconds and a 0-60 time of 3.8 seconds is hardly something to scoff at- all but the fastest supercars will be left in your dust..."""