IGNORED

Suspension setting Leveling links?

From what i read so far I have went to the website to purchase the leveling links but now I think these may be for teh 02 and up ventures.

I have tried turning the locknut and collar on the mono shock under the bike and I m trying to find the sweet riding spoty. it seems like the collar only moves a 1/4 of an inch or so forward or backwards.That doesnt seem like it would do much difference in comfort.

the bike also seems hard to egt into deep turns. i have scraped a time or two but not consistant.

Am i just sitting too low and too heavy.

Im close to 400lb solo.

What Venture do you have? Your profile only shows a Wing.

The leveling links work on all 2nd gen from '99 to present. If you want to add stiffness to your rear shock, add air. The Schraeder valve is on the throttle side just behind the driver's seat. IIRC, the max pressure in the rear shock is 45lbs. Check you owners manual.

This should make quite a difference in the ride.

RR

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh221/muaymendez/tag%20o%20rama/SDC10352.jpg

just as I thought You said 99.

Mine is a 96 with a horizontal monoshock under the bike. You can actually see it just below the pipe where the horn is. This shock uses a spanner wrench to undue the lock nut and spin the shock in or out on a threaded mount. I just havnt seen anywhere how to tell how many turns in or out are a good setting.

I havnt sen any air lines or schrader valves so I do not think the sir is adjustable

Edited by muaymendez1
adding comments

Do you have an owners manual?

If not you can go to

http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/service/servicehome/home.aspx

click on "view owners manuals" on the left. A page asking you to sign up/login will come up but just click "continue to Manuals".

Unfortunately they don't have the manual for the 96 but they do for the 98 and I'm pretty sure they probably are the same.

When I opened the 98 manual the page on the rear shock (3-13) says...

The Standard length (from the center of the nut to the left of the lock/ adjust nut assembly to the lock nut assembly) is. 1.79"

Minimum distance is 1.59" (harder)

Maximum distance is 1.91" (softer)

Turning the adjustment nut up (toward the bike) Increases the spring load and turning it down (toward the ground) decreases the spring load.

It would be easier to understand if you have a manual or DL the manual from Yamaha.

Hopefully this answers your question and I didn't waste your time with all this... :Bunny:

Jose, could you edit your info on your profile to include the year and type of bike you have? It makes these types of inquiries go alot smoother.

UserCP

Edit Your Details

Additional Info (3rd block down)

What Do You Ride?