IGNORED

Motus MST Tourer Public Debut at Daytona

Michael_Bishop

I have to say I ham not real impressed, yet. I know that these are prototypes but man they are LOUD! When , in the first video, he opened the throttle there was little fork raise hinting that there may not be as much power as it seems. Now I may just be getting picky but so far I will stick with what I have. I do hope they continue to develop there bikes and grow to a full manufacturing company. As for now though, still needs work. Shaun

I heard a LOT of chirping in that first video. :) Honestly, I like the fact that they are following their dream and I know that there are a lot of folks who will like that style but it's just not for me. I still like the cruiser styling of the RSV.

Guest tx2sturgis

That thing must really be fast, because at the 47 second mark, the fairing and bags have disappeared, never to be seen again. What a souvenir those would make if you found them on the road! But dont plan on finding the mirrors, because they morphed into small bar-end units and help keep the guy safe from anything that might catch up. Not that anything will.

At 540 pounds wet, and 161 horsepower, it should have lots of forward velocity on tap.

:happy34:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UxLXjjGH4U&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Motus Daytona Street Ride[/ame]

Edited by tx2sturgis

At 540 pounds wet, and 161 horsepower, it should have lots of forward velocity on tap.

Everything that I was seeing on their website was sounding great... then I watched the video and what I saw and heard isn't too impressive. It sounds kind of rough to me. Not like a finished, ready for mass production, motorcycle.

And the acceleration sounds I heard on the video didn't match the non-acceleration that I saw. He twisted the grip and it sounded like it was blasting off but it hardly moved. Maybe it was just bad film-making or something. I actually hope it ends up being everything that it says it will. And I want a cruiser and a tourbike model. :hihi:

Guest tx2sturgis
Everything that I was seeing on their website was sounding great... then I watched the video and what I saw and heard isn't too impressive. It sounds kind of rough to me. Not like a finished, ready for mass production, motorcycle.

And the acceleration sounds I heard on the video didn't match the non-acceleration that I saw. He twisted the grip and it sounded like it was blasting off but it hardly moved. Maybe it was just bad film-making or something. I actually hope it ends up being everything that it says it will. And I want a cruiser and a tourbike model. :hihi:

The whole hidden point of my post is the piss-poor editing of the videos.

The sound was recorded 'on-bike'...so it will have all sorts of mechanical sounds, and may or may NOT match what you see on screen.

I hope the bike does well for them. But with those pipes in the way, it will be kinda hard to get comfy, what with the heat and all. And whats with the chain drive? Here they have this longitudinal motor, perfectly aligned to use a driveshaft, and then they hang a 90 degree turn on the delivered power, AND add high maintenance and noise to it. Heck, even the high horsepower V-Max has a shaft drive...it aint that hard to build.

I would not worry about the video sights and sounds...I just hope they can build a great bike.