IGNORED

Let's go to Luckenbach, TX...

Scooter Bob

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got off the phone with Scooter Bob. He is loving Luckenbach soooo much I don't think he's coming back to Wisconsin :crying:. If any one out there hapens to see him, send him back home :Venture: please. I happen to be freezing up here (not sure if its because he's not here or because it is just too da** cold :cold:). Actually, when I went on the Luckenback web site and saw pictures of what he was going to see today, I already had figured out that he probably wouldn't want to come home in the near future... Do I know you too well honey? Just remember to send me back a cowboy but don't UPS him packaged in dry ice unless you are sure that he will come out of hibernation :stirthepot: when I unwrap the package. :rotf:

Karen:bighug:

Welcome to my world! I wish I would not have had to go to work. You really ought to ride the 3 sisters. It is worth the small detour. May be the best riding you have ever done. Call me if you need directions. Tom

Welcome to my world! I wish I would not have had to go to work. You really ought to ride the 3 sisters. It is worth the small detour. May be the best riding you have ever done. Call me if you need directions. Tom

I offered to be his tour guide. And if he liked Luckenbach he would love the 11th Street Cowboy Bar in Bandara. We're going back there on Wednesday.

I offered to be his tour guide. And if he liked Luckenbach he would love the 11th Street Cowboy Bar in Bandara. We're going back there on Wednesday.

This is true Gary. I will see you guys next week, mid week.

I just parked in Artesia, NM. Hot sun and 91 degrees and been battling winds from the west since I turned North off of I 10 on hiway 285.

I would have loved to stay another day in the hill country, but I just couldn't do a fourth night in a row in the tent.

I'm heading for a quick shower and go soak in the pool for a while. I'll be back later with more pics.

Later, Scooter Bob

Very pretty riding along I10 towards Fort Stockton.

I even had a ROAD RUNNER dart across in front of me. Wish I could have got a pic of that, but I was going 75-80mph at the time. Ya, the speed limit is 80MPH out here.

Later, Scooter Bob

Edited by Scooter Bob

If you get lost and endup in amarillo we have a extra room and you are welcome. Palo duro canyon is the second largest in the us and we live in the n. End of it.

Hey, Thanks for the offer.:thumbsup2: But I'm going to be bumming around NM yet today and then heading north.

I did find out last night that I now have two days to get up to Colorado Springs to see an old biker friend, Big Roy (he's busy tonight, and there in a snowstorm right now:doh:).

My plan for the day is to do a little touristy stuff today, stop and look at stuff, and take it easy, and just get 100-200 miles north of here today. Then I'll just have another leasurely 300 mille day on Wednesday and stay at Big Roy's and go out for beers and BS'n (ya'll know I'm good for that).:beersign:

If all that works out, it looks like everybodies weather starts looking better at the end of the week for the run back to WI.:scratchchin:

Later, Scooter Bob

Thanks for the Offers, Tom and Gary.:thumbsup2:

If I had known Monday morning that I had till Wednesday night to get to CO SPRS, I would have done that. :buttkick:myself

But even then, I didn't realize quite what I was up against for milage. Wisconsin takes up two pages in my atlas and New Mexico fits on one. But apparently that doesn't mean it's smaller.:bang head:

I had 300 miles on getting to FT Stockton yesterday, and then set Garmin for fastest route to Colorado Springs. It said turn right off of US285 onto Hiway 54...IN 305 MILES:doh: AND TOTAL 660 MILES TO CO SPRINGS:bang head:

So I kept pounding to here, trying to get today under 500 miles. And now it turns out I HAVE to take two days to do that 500, so time to take it easy again.:banana:

Later, Scooter Bob

Go Bob GO! Keep those pictures coming.

Hey, my visited states map isn't near as good as yours but I remembered I can fill in another state after my FLorida trip this month. but the bike was on a trailer between IL and FL so i can't really fill in Alabama, but I did get Florida!:sun:

Edited by dynodon

Pretty soon they are going to start building a fence on the Texas northern border to keep us Wisconsinites out. RR

That would be a mighty long fence.:bang head:

Jeff, when do you think you'll be getting out of winter this week, and what route to NM are you taking?:confused24:

Looks like I'll be heading towards home from Colorado Springs Thusday morning. Depending on the weather/road conditions/traffic, I'll probably run I70 east towards Topeka, and then I don't know.:scratchchin:

Later, Scooter Bob

Hey, my visited states map isn't near as good as yours but I remembered I can fill in another state after my FLorida trip this month. but the bike was on a trailer between IL and FL so i can't really fill in Alabama, but I did get Florida!:sun:

Don't feel too bad Don. I've seen a lot of maps with those funny lookin' white states between the colored ones.:crackup::sign just kidding:

But that other trip you're planning should make it look pretty nice.:thumbsup2:

Later, Scooter Bob

Boy, when I think back to Luckenbach, it almost brings tears to my eyes. The folks sitting around the Picker Circle, the roosters fighting, meeting folks from all around the country(several from WI), the buildings, the atmosphere.

I can't wait to find a way back here for a few days, and bring Karen along.

Here's a few more pics...

Later, Scooter Bob

Boy, when I think back to Luckenbach, it almost brings tears to my eyes. The folks sitting around the Picker Circle, the roosters fighting, meeting folks from all around the country(several from WI), the buildings, the atmosphere.

I can't wait to find a way back here for a few days, and bring Karen along.

Here's a few more pics...

Later, Scooter Bob

When you d give me a call, I work week on/off so maybe I'll be there this time Have a few extra bedrooms.

When you d give me a call, I work week on/off so maybe I'll be there this time Have a few extra bedrooms.

Will do Tom!

25 miles from Roswell. If you never here from me again, you'll know what happened...

Do do, Do do, aaabducteddd

Later, Scooter Bob

2 hours later, I still haven't made it to downtown Roswell.

I spent an hour or more riding all the way around the Air Center, taking pics of dead planes, and some live ones.

I think those were C130s flying in and out?

Later, Scooter Bob

Edited by Scooter Bob

Heck of a detour! From there looks like a fun Scenic drive up 93 to Wendover. While in that area be sure to visit the Bonneville Salt Flats if you like that kind of history.

Of course there is always the Grand Canyon and a bunch of neat parks in that area if you go towards Utah.

Just remember keep your last 20 in your pocket and don't bet the keys to the bike! :yikes:

That's where I ended up for the night, in the wrong Vegas.:doh:

A cool ride all day long, but that's all right for me. Others look at me funny, cus they thinks it's too cold to be outside, but oh well.

It was about 50 degrees when I left Artesia, and never got much over 60 as I headed north. And then it was cooling off as I climbed in elevation. I think I was around 3,000 feet last night, and up to 6,400 tonight.

Only put on about 250 miles today, but that's OK, cus I needed to kill a little time anyway. Right now I'm at 2,480 miles for the trip.

For my records, cus I forgot to put it in before...:bang head:

Kregerdoodles, about 1,500

Luckenback, about 1,700

Artesia, about 2,220

I've already brought in my snowmobile suit to warm up. Supposed to be 34 degrees here in the morning, I think I will just head for Miami right away. :Venture:

More pics to follow, Scooter Bob