IGNORED

I need some help

Rick Haywood

OK When I logged in on my computer to the venturerider site using Firefox everything seems as it should be except that all I can do is read the posts/threads. It will not let me reply or start a new thread. What it is like is when you are not logged in and not a memberthe site appears that way. No reply Icon or New thread Icon. But now here is the what is really weird. I used my daughters laptop and signed in through Firefox and everything workes great. I also used my laptop and went through Internet Exployer and it works fine, Si I figured something was wrong so I did a restore to 2 days ago when I know all was correct. Yep you guessed it Still will not let me do anything but read when I log in through FireFox. I am stumped. Any help out there.

Thanks Rick

I've started using Firefox a lot lately too. For some reason, it won't keep me logged in. I have to log onto the site every time. That may be the problem you're having.

That would seem to suggest your cookies are being auto deleted.

As for Rick, are you using any extra security measures or addons like Adblock Plus? Your situation is strange indeed.

That would seem to suggest your cookies are being auto deleted.

As for Rick, are you using any extra security measures or addons like Adblock Plus? Your situation is strange indeed.

Another thing that is strange is it now shows the newest post in the tread first where as before it showed them in the order they were posted.

I can use the sight through exployer but really hate to do that. It has to be something with my computer setting some how since everything works when I log in throught my daughters

The order of the posts are set in your UserCP. It sounds though like it is not picking up all your settings and it is probably because it is not logging you in completely. I honestly think that I may have caused the problem for you when I change the Name field to a required field. Did you already have that field completed or did you do it after I made the change? It honestly sounds like a cache problem. It sounds like you added your name after I made the change but your computer is pulling up cached pages of the site so not seeing that you filled it out. In Firefox, click on tools, clear history..and make sure that cache, browsing history and cookies are selected.

One further thing. Before you clear your cache and etc., go to another page. Don't do it while you are at VentureRider.org. I had a recent incident where I had made some changes to an ad on Craigslist. My changes never showed up. I cleared the cache and history but did it while I was still at that page. It was like because I was on that page, it was still retaining the cached copy that I was showing. I left that page and then cleared everything and then went back and it worked.

Freebird and all the others that tried to help me out with this problem...Thanks.

I have tried everything imaginable to fix the problem but I can not get the reply and new thread buttons to show up when I log on using firefox. Strangest thing I have ever seen. I believe is has something to do with the name being required in our profile since that is when it changed but who the heck knows. But one thing about it there is no way it will keep me off of here, I'll just use exployer to come on the site. I am still open to suggestions if anyone thinks of anything. Again Thanks a bunch

Rick

Rick,

I just temporarily removed the mandatory name field. I want to see if that is what is causing your problem. Please try Firefox again and let me know.

Don, It still doesn't work so my guess is I have accidentaly chnged something on my computer or some setting on FireFox. I will get it figured out.

Perhaps a total uninstall / reinstall of Firefox is in order. It's a pain in the rump (export your bookmarks to desktop first!) but sometimes it's the only way to get something reset. I've had to do it once or twice myself.

Guest PlaneCrazy

This is a weird problem. This forum is actually one of the few places where my cookies seem to work well. If I click the remember me button, Firefox logs me in even though it clears all other cookies and history on log out.

I had something similar happen on another website I was helping out with. The site kept putting the wrong username in blank fields. Tracked it down to some weird thing that GoDaddy did with their shared servers. I don't think that's the issue here though.

A fresh install of Firefox might be best, as already suggested.

Well I am up and working again...removed firefox and reinstalled.

Also for those out there that knew about my eye issues well I have been blind in one or the other of my eyes since last June. I have had 9 different procedures and the miricale has happened. I can now see out of both of my eyes with 20/40 vission without glasses What a great feeling, words can not express how I feel. Also I start a new position on Monday after being out of work for 17 months. Things are looking up and Riding season is almost here. What more could I ask for?

ps. for those out there that are diabetic.....heed what I tell you YOU BETTER TAKE CARE OF YOURSelf

I didn't and almost paid for it with my eyes. I am now the poster boy for keeping things under control. Lucky for me it wasn't to late.

Rick,

Glad you got it going again. That was probably the easiest thing to do.

WOW...sounds like there is all kind of good news in your life right now and I am truly happy for you. I hope folks listen to your advice regarding the diabetes or anything else that they need to be looking after.