IGNORED

The New American V-4

bmxndad

Where did you see it is a two stroke? I cant find it....

Well, now I don't see where I thought I saw that. It was at the heading of one of the pictures.

And I went to the spec page and it says it is a dual overhead valves which would be a four stroke. So I must be getting worse on the Oldtimers crap.

http://www.motusmotorcycles.com/kmv4.html

Gary

• 5 weeks later...

Might be a silly question. But wouldn't mounting the engine with the heads facing the sides cause a lot of twist when accelering hard? I know the Goldwing has horizontally opposed engine, so in theory it would twist too. But with the Goldwing the heads are very low to help keep the center of gravity low. But with this being a V engine that will have the weight up high and have the twist. Just a thought. Any other oppinions on this?

Might be a silly question. But wouldn't mounting the engine with the heads facing the sides cause a lot of twist when accelering hard? I know the Goldwing has horizontally opposed engine, so in theory it would twist too. But with the Goldwing the heads are very low to help keep the center of gravity low. But with this being a V engine that will have the weight up high and have the twist. Just a thought. Any other oppinions on this?

The Honda ST1300 and VFR are longitudinally mounted v4's.

The Honda ST1300 and VFR are longitudinally mounted v4's.

Ok, So no twisting action then? Was just a thought because with a rear drive car. If you gun the gas you can feel the engine torque twisting the car. Was just wondering how that would feel on 2 wheels. I always assumed that was why motorcyle had transverse mounted engines.

I just don't get this touring thing on a crotch rocket concept.:detective:

Why anyone would want to remain bent ovet a fuel tank with a windshield the size of my full face helmet, for any length of time, is beside me.:confused24:

Would be a fun bike to take on the Dragon though...:whistling:

Interesting they went with two valve heads. guess since they were doing the engine N/S, that they couldn't live with 4 valve DOHC heads, they would be a LOT wider. engine looks a lot like the V4 in bobcats! LOL Also, nice that they got very high compression and still only need 87 octane regular. Direct injection helps a lot there.

Not enough bags and windshield for me!