IGNORED

Finally got it back together and rode a little

Venturous Randy

I have had my bike down for an electrical problem that I thought was the TCI, but ended up being a terminal coming into the TCI. I also moved the TCI, which I put on the wall beside the radio. I also had my Corbin seat recovered and am still not real happy with it. I took it to someone that was recommended, but he has struggled with this seat, and with the changes I had made to it earlier, it made it worse.

The biggest thing was my son Brian had my carbs off and had put them on his bike trying to eliminate some problems he is having. He has been thru his 85 carbs several times and still is not getting the proper fuel feed. But, at least mine is running good and feels good. After running it some, it felt real good to do a couple of 1st and 2nd gear runs up to 8,000rpm's. Now, I am getting a little more motivated to tear into the 30,000 mile motor I got with the 85 and put the 2nd gen Venture transmission in it with the V-max rearend in the bike. I am also going to put the solid motor mounts in I got from SGN (Steve) and do the valve clearance check. I really hate to take the valve covers off as they have had absolutely no leaks around them. It makes me wonder if these valve covers have ever been off the motor.

It is supposed tyo be about 70 degrees here today with about a 30% chance of thunderstorms later on.

RandyA