IGNORED

India Shipping

mraf

I inherited my fathers 1972 Kawasaki 350 Bighorn and have been going over it for a winter project. It was in need of new handlebars because the old ones had been welded so the search was on. All of the original ones on E-bay were rusty so I expanded my search to look at all handlebars. I found some that measured the same as the originals and were also chrome. They were made for a Royal Enfield Motocross but would be coming from NEW DELHI, INDIA. I was hesitant on ordering them but figured I didn't need them for a while anyway. The shipping said it would not come until 2 or 3 weeks time. I ordered them around 4:30 P.M. 1/28/2011 they came today via DHL. 7 days from New Delhi, India.:thumbsup2: So if you have bought anything overseas have it shipped to India first then to you in no time. :confused24::D

You lucky dog! I would LOOOOOOOVE to have a 350 Bighorn! Knew a guy who had one back in '73, that bike had crazy low-end torque....at least back then it did. Great memories of that bike, I have occasionally scoured ebay and craigslist for them. Everything I'd find was either a basket case or they wanted a mint for it. Remember to post some pix when you're done!

Guest PlaneCrazy
I inherited my fathers 1972 Kawasaki 350 Bighorn and have been going over it for a winter project. It was in need of new handlebars because the old ones had been welded so the search was on. All of the original ones on E-bay were rusty so I expanded my search to look at all handlebars. I found some that measured the same as the originals and were also chrome. They were made for a Royal Enfield Motocross but would be coming from NEW DELHI, INDIA. I was hesitant on ordering them but figured I didn't need them for a while anyway. The shipping said it would not come until 2 or 3 weeks time. I ordered them around 4:30 P.M. 1/28/2011 they came today via DHL. 7 days from New Delhi, India.:thumbsup2: So if you have bought anything overseas have it shipped to India first then to you in no time. :confused24::D

FWIW, I heard that plant that makes Royal Enfields there is very old and established. They are going to be the ones assembling the new Harleys when they start making them in India soon.

As for shipping, it's amazing what they can do these days. And it's depressing as well because our domestic service seems to get worse while the rest of the world get's better. At least for the US and Canada it seems. I just ordered a custom air filter intake assy for my other bike and it came from a warehouse in japan. I ordered it on Saturday morning and it was at my door yesterday afternoon. 4 days!