IGNORED

In harm's way

Black Owl

Does adopted count?

Not adopted in the usual sense, though. The Blue Star Families here have adopted me as their personal PGR/biker dude. They may not be blood, but I'm closer to many of them than some families are.

I'm just thankful that all thats been needed from me so far is for parades, welcome homes and an occasional shoulder to lean on.

Thought I had better bring this back to the top.

Also, just found out we also have at least one member working in Iraq as a civilian contractor.

If you folks who have family or are currently serving overseas will send me names and addresses, we can get this ball rolling.

Only 40 days till Christmas..............

Gray Ghost; JVBailey3; Wolfman*1; RoadKill; Bigfoot.....

If you folks can send me a PM with the name, unit, and mailing address for the service members, we will get packages together for them.

And if anyone else knows of a member or family member currently serving in the Middle East, please get that information to me as soon as possible.

Thanks much........

Thought I had better bring this back to the top.

Also, just found out we also have at least one member working in Iraq as a civilian contractor.

If you folks who have family or are currently serving overseas will send me names and addresses, we can get this ball rolling.

Only 40 days till Christmas..............

Just wanted to chime in and say "HI".

I'm that civillian contractor Black Owl was speaking of. I sent him a PM the other day, after reading one of the threads, asking who we had over here. I was thinking how nice it would be to link up with one of our fellow venturers if they were close by.

Anyhoot, if there is anything I can do to help out, let me know. I'll do what I can if I have the time and the means to get it done.

V/R

Jim Black

Just a short note of thanks for all you are doing. My stepson is in Afganastan now, but just got an email from him not to send any more packages (to him) because he may not get them. Benefits of being a short timer(for the 4th tour in the sand pile). I know it makes them feel good with the support from home !!!! I will send Russell a money order toward the project, though. Happy holidays all.

Roy

I don't post too often but enjoy this site. I command 1-158th IN, Arizona Army National Guard. We are currently serving in Afghanistan and our tour is winding down. My Soldiers have done great things here and two have made the ultimate sacrifice:

SGT Charles Browning, KIA 1 June 2007

PFC Mikel Miller, KIA 6 September 2007

They are true heroes. May they rest in peace. They will never be forgotten...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dan Ferguson

My daughter and son-in-law have been stationed in Germany for the past 4 years. Russ is back in Iraq for the 3rd tour and has spent one tour in Afghanistan. He's a CW3 and fly's Blackhawks. My daughter and my two grandsons are living in a village called Bann, near Ramstien AFB and close to the hospital where all the wounded are treated in Germany (I can't think of the name as I type this). I managed to go over for a visit in '04. I miss them, especially around the holidays.

Guest Dan Ferguson

Thanks Grey Ghost. I thought of the name last night, but for some reason it wouldn't come to me when I needed it. Brain fart or "old timers" desease, who knows?