IGNORED

And it ends, a little sad.

RustyRecycledToy

Well today it happened. I was a little saddened watching the VR rolling away from me on a trailer with its new owner. Bike hasn't been started since August (it never even made the move to the new residence. It was still being stored at the old one). 40* in there and the engine fired right up. Looking through the pics i have of it is what got me. pics of my boy posing with the bike, riding it in his diaper & helmet when he was younger.

Had some good memories on that old bike. Can't wait to see what the future holds in store. I'll be seeing it alot I think, the new owner asked if i had the tools to do work on the bike like syncing the carbs and such.....we'll see.

Anyhow, just had to put it in 'print' I guess.

Hey Ed,

Having an 87'VR myself, I feel your pain. I could not even think of selling mine, but I am sure you had your reasons. I hope you don't give up riding for good. As I have gotten a bit older, I am now thinking about things that I need to change in my life that I would have NEVER though about changing when I was a puppy. It reminds me of the old joke where two bulls (one old and one young) are on a hill side and looking down they see a heard of cows. The young bull says, " let's run down there and make love to one of them cows", and the old bull says, "NO son, let's WALK down there and make love to ALL of them"! :crackup:

Until you get another bike Ed, I hope the memories of your 87'VR keep you warm thru this winter, and when spring comes, and you are "feelin' your oats" I hope a "new to you" bike comes your way.

Don't be a stranger, :thumbsup2:

Earl

Hey Ed,

Having an 87'VR myself, I feel your pain. I could not even think of selling mine, but I am sure you had your reasons. I hope you don't give up riding for good.

Until you get another bike Ed, I hope the memories of your 87'VR keep you warm thru this winter, and when spring comes, and you are "feelin' your oats" I hope a "new to you" bike comes your way.

Don't be a stranger, :thumbsup2:

Earl

Pssst......I still have my Harley...;) I aint nowhere near done riding.