IGNORED

Christmas is not so Merry this year

rlyons

One of my best friends passed away suddenly Thursday. He was told only 2 weeks ago that he had lung and brain cancer while being treated for a bad cold at the hospital. The doctor told him that he may have up to a year left but only made 2 weeks. The bummer was no one knew but his wife, he denied anything was wrong and kept saying he hoped the cold would clear up so he could stop coughing. His way of dealing I guess. It was bad to have to say goodbye while he was lying in the casket. Makes one realize just how quick any of us could be gone. He was 73 and only retired 6 months ago. I tried for years to get him to quit so we could do some traveling in our RVs but he always said he would when he got more bills paid off. All I can say is if you can quit and enjoy life do it while you can still enjoy it, I know I am, my house is going on the market this spring and as soon as it sells you will see the wife and I passing you somewhere on the highway while we are visiting all the states. That is my goal anyway. Sorry for the rant but needed to vent a little. Merry Christmas to you all and I hope we all see the new year.

So sorry for to hear of your loss my friend, especially so close to the major family holiday of the year...Christmas..

Follow your heart and live your dreams for you only live once..

Once I'm gone I really don't think I will care what I own...that is why I decided to play now while I can...:biker:

Hey Roy,

Both Jean and I would like to express our sadness at the passing of your friend. This subject touches a "heart string" of my own. I begged my Father to retire early and enjoy himself for the remaining years he had on this earth. But being the "workhorse" that he was, he waited till 65 to retire, and to my great regret, had passed by the age of 69. I would give anything to spend a day with my Dad, much the same way that you would give anything to spend a day with your friend. My only solace, is knowing that my Father will live on in my heart, and in my mind. When I have a good day riding, or a good day wrenching on my bike, I take the time to share the moment with my Dad by saying, " boy Dad, I wish you could have been here for that ride, or that task completed," and in a way, he IS there with me, much the same way your friend will be with you........Always.

Prayers sent to you, and the family of your passed friend.

Earl and Jean

Please accept my deepest condolences on your loss. It is easy to empathize as I too lost a friend two weeks ago--also to cancer. It is never easy, but particularly difficult at this time of year. We can only hope we can have the good sense to take our lives as they come to us, and make the best of each and every day as God gives it to us.

I wish you and all of the members of VR.org a blessed Christmas and a New Year filled with a higher level of happiness than the past two years have brought to us. :farmer:

POLEDAR

Thanks to everyone, we put him to rest on Saturday and he never looked better, so peacefull lying there. I know he is in a better place now so I feel better. When my little brother was killed he had to have a closed casket and I never was able to fully accept that he was in there, much better this time because I was able to say goodbye and felt that he heard me.