IGNORED

cushman update

Snarley Bill

with out a doubt this is the worst piece of crap i have ever worked on. i got all the major welding and panel replacement done on the body, and it is at the paint shop. i would have painted it myself, but i'm kind of new to clear coat and i wanted a show job. i painted the frame and started the final assembly this morning. i am having a major delema on whether or not to build the motor. i found a website that has all kinds of race parts for these harbor freight motors. billet rods, roller rockers, cams, etc.. i,m talking serious horse power for a light weight scooter. i,m not sure how it will handle speeds over 80 or 90 mph. so far it looks like a brand new scooter. i was'nt planning on this big of an investment. it's all the little crap that eats you up, hardware, and many other odds and ends. linda asked me how much for the paint job. i never asked. i figure a couple of grand. if it's less i won't feel so bad. there just ain't no cheap cushmans. i sure do love them no matter what the cost. pictures to come. i'm taking alot of them. :2133:

Harbor freight motor? All this trouble and your going to put a harbor freight motor in it. Couldn't you find a real engine?

I just happen to have a fresh small block 383 roller motor that will put 600 horse on the rear wheel that I will make you a deal on.

Harbor freight motor? All this trouble and your going to put a harbor freight motor in it. Couldn't you find a real engine?

I just happen to have a fresh small block 383 roller motor that will put 600 horse on the rear wheel that I will make you a deal on.

Mike.

what brand name and size lifters are in your "roller"?

curious to know if i might have rebuilt a set for you, in years past.

just jt

nope have never built a set of those, for anyone.

mostly just rebuild jesel, .937's now.they used to be #1 in big bore engines.

seems like everyone is changing over to the "rebuildable" "Isky's".

can't say i like the "dogbone style though.

just jt