IGNORED

auto related ???

jonesy

Friend at auto body shop, not computer savey brought a car engine code reader for $425 from snap-on guy, asked me to look it over, I found it works with windows xp only, he has win7, told him give it back. All snap-on ones work with xp only. Anyone know off one that would work with win7, for no more cost. Its not something he has to have but he sees alot more warning lights on the dash and he has to send it out to clear it before he returns it. thanks for any help

Is it for only one particular car? There are a lot of readers and a lot that you don't even need a PC for.

Example: I have a Dodge diesel. For about that same money I bought a Smarty Jr. programmer. With it I can read and clear trouble codes, adjust my speedo to show exact speed and it adds up too 100hp. :thumbsup2:

Friend at auto body shop, not computer savey brought a car engine code reader for $425 from snap-on guy, asked me to look it over, I found it works with windows xp only, he has win7, told him give it back. All snap-on ones work with xp only. Anyone know off one that would work with win7, for no more cost. Its not something he has to have but he sees alot more warning lights on the dash and he has to send it out to clear it before he returns it. thanks for any help

Install the software using "compatibility mode". You do this by right-clicking on the install file and selecting properties, then choose "Compatibility" and select Windows XP SP3

Once installed, locate the shortcut for it and do the same.