IGNORED

Texas Hill Country Ride

My other riding group (ZZRBikes) had a ride this past weekend. I was carrying a passenger and decided I would ride the Beast. I towed her to Dallas and rode to Kerrville on Friday morning. The group (2 x ZZR1200, 4 x C14, 1 x R1, 1 x BMW, and my VR) left Kerrville at 9:30am on Saturday. About 75 miles into the ride my rear tire started going down. I found a hole where something had punctured it. We put a plug in it and rode for a while. The plug came out (first time I have had a plug come out) and we got sideways in a turn. We put another plug in and took it easy to the "Motorcycle Store". A staff member claimed he had a plug that would not fall out. He used a kit and punched in a rubber plug with a mushroom or umbrella tip. I took it easy for the next 80 miles to the hotel. In the morning she is still holding the 42lbs of air I started with.

I decided we would ride with a group most of the way back to Dallas, safety in numbers and all that. The ride got pretty brisk and I saw 105mph . . . twice. I feel pretty good about this plug and plan on buying one of those kits!

My other riding group (ZZRBikes) had a ride this past weekend. I was carrying a passenger and decided I would ride the Beast. I towed her to Dallas and rode to Kerrville on Friday morning. The group (2 x ZZR1200, 4 x C14, 1 x R1, 1 x BMW, and my VR) left Kerrville at 9:30am on Saturday. About 75 miles into the ride my rear tire started going down. I found a hole where something had punctured it. We put a plug in it and rode for a while. The plug came out (first time I have had a plug come out) and we got sideways in a turn. We put another plug in and took it easy to the "Motorcycle Store". A staff member claimed he had a plug that would not fall out. He used a kit and punched in a rubber plug with a mushroom or umbrella tip. I took it easy for the next 80 miles to the hotel. In the morning she is still holding the 42lbs of air I started with.

I decided we would ride with a group most of the way back to Dallas, safety in numbers and all that. The ride got pretty brisk and I saw 105mph . . . twice. I feel pretty good about this plug and plan on buying one of those kits!

Next time carry my phone # listed in profile..I live here in the hill country and if ever needed I can do what I can for you..yep even tow it back to your home. Hope you liked our part Of TEXAS!

...He used a kit and punched in a rubber plug with a mushroom or umbrella tip. I took it easy for the next 80 miles to the hotel. In the morning she is still holding the 42lbs of air I started with... I feel pretty good about this plug and plan on buying one of those kits!

I believe this is the kit he used. I carry three types of tire repair kits. I have had several flats on the road but never been left stranded (all my bikes have tubless tires). I carry the Stop & Go Tire Plugger, Slime kit w/compressor, String Tire Plug kit (works the best in most situations) And for good measure I carry a high end bicycle hand pump that takes both CO2 and manual hand pumping. In my experience the CO2 cartridges are a waste. You need 6-8 of them to inflate a tire, most go empty by the time you either insert or screw them into the "handle". Best is the 12VDC mini-compressor that comes with the Slime kit. Just saying...