IGNORED

rally in birmingham, Al 2011

tazmocycle

i post in other club rallies about a rally we are having in birmjngham,Al this 2011. anyone is welcome to attend this event. we started it off another forum for the 96-01 standard royal stars, but all are welcome to come. we're riding to little river canyon area and hope to visit barbers museum and race track. check it out, don.

Ditto, to the last responce

In 2007 we did this trip up to Barber. but it was added to a trip that was planned out for months. so we only had a half day to enjoy the sites.

I gotta tell you. This is one place, you don't want to miss as a rider. 80,000 sq ft , 5 storys hight, of wall to wall motorycles, the whole park is something to remember. so bring your cameras. For some of us that live far away. This was a great place to visit.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/royalstar/messages/?listmode=1 look in grassy knoll section for 2011 royal ride-in. i'll keep it update here too.

you can keep an eye on it at this website, hope to have a good crowd, do a little riding, eating, bsing about life and do some work on anybody's bike as needed. i have a friend that has a nice shop, has tire changer and electronic balancer if any neds it and don't trust a bunch of jacklegs like us. he's a great mechanic that works at a yamaha dealer, and works on any kind of bike.

• 2 months later...

OK! looks like june 18-26 is the week most pick to attend, but i will also leave it open for maybe the following week too if enough wants to come that week too. i'm going to start tomorrow to get some price set at motels and campgrounds in the area for those coming. there's a couple of state parks close to me and is centrally located to most things in the area.

http://www.alapark.com/OakMountain/Cabins/

http://www.brierfieldironworks.com/

brierfield is about 6 miles out in the ruals and oak mtn is in pelham about 14 miles. there's a campground near oak mtn that use to be a koa but i think it's changed to good sam's?? i'll post more in the next few days. o'course susan wants to go to eurecka springs again, she's got her own bike, just need someone going west to come thru b'ham and let her ride along.LOL hope she don't read this!! we will be going to vogel this year, yea! maybe some who can't make it to ark, can make this one. :banana:

• 2 weeks later...

WELL! I GOT A GREAT RATE FOR EVERYBODY!! finally got by the motel and talk to them and locked in a block of rooms for $50 a nightsingle or double! 1 king size bed or 2 double beds. i forget to ask about 2 persons in the double room if it would be more. most motels add about $5 for the other person. i'll check on it tomorrow. so now you have the imfo lets get calling in. they said if we need more rooms than the 10 they'll add more to it at the same cost. they have a nice large pool and a large parking lot around back thats open and lit for any that trailers their bikes in. they also said it was fine if we wanted to set up a grill and cookout in that area, that way we can have a few meals there that'll be low cost to help out with monies. they also have a resturant and bar. the guy also said we might want to have a bike show there, or we can do youngest, oldest and longest distance riden(no one who trailers!LOL) i'll try to come up with some gifts to give out if we do. we'll also be close to big #1 yamaha dealer and i'm hoping they will have a lunch one day for us, i'm still working on it. susan also suggested we have a t-shirt swap, where anybody that want to bring any t-shirt you have(extra) and do a swap with each other. t's from rallies, dealers, other rides, etc. ya'll can pitch out any ideas and see if we can work it in.

WELL!! SUSAN AND I WENT TO THE SAWMILL RESTURANT TONIGHT, i hope we can go as a group when we have the ride-in. they have a all-u-can-eat seafood buffet, with fried whole catfish, oysters, frog legs, shrimp, fish filets, calimari and boiled crab legs. a nice salad bar and bananna pudding. we rode the bikes there, first time since the 2010 ride-in we rode together, weather was nice and a little cool on the way back. i'm planning out a nice ride and end up at the sawmill rest around 5pm friday of the ride-in. :stickinouttounge:

• 3 weeks later...

barbersmotorsport.org

looks like barber's is having the ama races the first weekend on the ride-in. it's always a good time to sit and watch the races around the track or go to top floor and watch from there. best view of the track and the sharpest curve and usually there's a wreck r two there. you can bring in a cooler and snacks or go out to eat and return with wristband. hope some can make it over for that weekend.

• 3 weeks later...

wanting to know if anybody has registered at the motel yet? also want to get an idea of who all knows if they are coming. susan and i along with a few friends rode out and around the area and stopped at brierfield iron works park. ladfy said they have most of the parks camping and cabins open for the week of rally. she said they also have a large bar-b-que pit area if we want to cookout there and a nice pool. it's about 6 miles from my house. susan and i are going to take the grankid there one weekend soon and check it out.

http://www.brierfieldironworks.com/

• 1 month later...

haven't put anything for sure yet but the ama superbike races is from 17th -19th, so if anybody gets here earier enough and wants to go to any day, we can work that out. you can get tickets at the gate most times. get there eariy enough you can get a good shady spot around the track, but most of the good spots are taken up early.hope we can do the ride up to little river canyon in the middle of the week so most of us can go. have a couple of other short rides kinda thought out and wind up at a good place to eat. will problly do a couple of cookouts so we can do a little shooting of the bull and maybe doing a little work on anybody's bike or oil changes, etc. i also have a extra set of 28mm carbs already rejetted and a airbox opened up if anybody want to do a swapout. i have a carbtune , so we can do syncs on any bike that wants that. my company has a large grill out of two bathtubs and a 10x10 popup awning i'm got to borrow to put in the parking lot of the motel. motel also has a nice large pool if any day gets too hot to ride during the day that we can hang around. they really seem to want to do their best to make it a great place to have our meet, he even said it would be nice to have a bike show. they have a nice bar and bbq restaurant(i hope to eat there soon and see hows the food). they also said they would honor the price for the following week if anybody wants to come then, and i'll try and set things up for those to do some rides and other things during that week. if anybody has any other ideas, speak up and we'll try to work it in.

• 3 weeks later...
8834.21 in reply to 8834.20 just want to post an update on the ride-in. alabama had a lot of damage from the storm but not in the areas i planned for the ride-in. i not being callist about what has happened, but alabama still needs the money from tourist visiting the state to help get us back on our feet. so we are still on for the 18th - 26th of june, which is a little of a month away. they have started working on i-65 around where the motel is, but i think we can work around it. as it gets closer to the date, i'll post some imfo and a map to help all coming to get to where you need to be and give road updates if any chganges is needed. hope we still have a good turnout even tho we had some bad weather and gas prices as gone up, but in the last week, it's gone down around 10 cents a gallion here.

• 3 weeks later...

1 http://www.mckibbonhouse.com/

this is a nice bed & breakfast across the street from me. i have a gift cert. for 1 night stay that i'm putting up for bids with the money to be donated to the birmingham ride for kids

http://www.pbtfus.org/rideforkids/events/2011/birmingham.html

the room rate is $120 for the full treatment. you will love staying here and lyle cunningham is a great hostess and makes you feel like family. she has also offered her other rooms during the ride-in at a 10% discount of $108 plus tx for full treatment and for just coffee in the morning at $80 plus tx a night. as of now she has all 4 rooms open for the week of ride-in. the money will be donated in the name of who wins. i'm leaving the bidding open for 10 days and notify the winner asap. thank you for your support.

• 2 weeks later...

i went by the motel and check on those who had registered, but one one person(slowroll) has called in. i hope everybody calling in tells them their with royal riders for their $50 price. let me know if you are having trouble. ONE MORE WEEK AND IT ALL BEGINS!!!!

sorry but i have been busy at work but i'm o=posting this road report to help you out as you come into b'ham area. I65 has a lot of bad spots in it and they are BAD in places.if you are coming from the north you will see a few spot in the concrete that has been tarred, WATCHOUT! if you are coming from the south up I65 get off at exit 246, go left to hwy 31 and turn right, motel is about 3 miles on right. if you are coming fromeast or west get on I459 loop and get off on the hwy 31 galleria exit and go north on 31 for about 2 miles and hotel is on right. BE SAFE AND WE'LL SEE YOU HERE, DON AND SUSAN.

well chuck(slowroll) and his wife got here friday afternoon, we went out to eat and talked for a few hours. saturday had to fix a friend's a/c and finally got up to motel and we rode back roads over to barber's to see what was going on. we then ran on down to where 29 dreams uses to be and then rode on out the curvy road and ate at bar-b-que place. we then rode on down to clanton to the peach park for some great home made ice cream. then we headed back to motel. nice long day of riding and fun. tomorrow we are going to barber's to see some races and go to the musuem.

WELL, 2011 ROYAL RIDE-IN IS OVER! all have left on the way home, hope they make it ok. please let me know when you do, thanks, don. i put over a thousand miles on my 2 bikes doing all the rides in my area. went to barber's a few times as i got a year's pass. had a great time meeet old friends and new ones(even if they rode harlies). LOL!! glad to hear they did get to see barber's museum before they left, it would have been a shame they rode all this way just to visit the local hd shop!LOL! i'm a little beat, but really happy to have hosted the ride-in again. i hope someone else will step up and do it next year in a new area, maybe in the ne area of us. thanjks again for all that braved the weather and came, hope you all had a good time. i'll post a link to the pics i have.

• 2 weeks later...