IGNORED

Leveling Link & Slipping the Forks ??????

Okay more questions.

#1 I have been reading about the improved handling with the Leveling Link, but I only see it advertised or mentioned on the Venture and not the RSTD.

I noticed on my RSTD it has a link on the rear shock.

Is the Leveling Link available for the RSTD or is it only for the Venture ( I am a little unclear on this)?

And to be honest , so far I have been happy with the handling of the bike but if I can make it better I would like to do so.

#2 Slipping the forks?

Looking at the forks on the RSTD I I raised the forks doesn't the Schrader Valves on top of the forks hit the bottom of the handle bar?

I don't see how this works without the bar interfering.

Anyone with Photos?

Thanks again.

Tom

Okay so they both have the same link. Since my bike seem to handle pretty well for me;

How can I tell if it has the Leveling Link or the standard OEM link?

Today is my 3rd day with the bike. I bought it Saturday. Filled up, added some Seafoam and rode it 170 mile home. (42 mpg)

Sunday I adjusted the shocks some, rode a little filled back up with gas added some more Seafoam and cleaned a lot. Bike is running better every time I start it up. Gotta love Seafoam!

Today weather was iffy ( rain threatening) so I took the long way home from the dealer which was closed. 65 miles later I am back at home.

While at the closed dealers parking lot I took advantage of the situation and did some Low Speed Maneuvers while there. Was able to do some low speed 360,720, 1080 ,

figure 8's ...etc. (you get the idea)

I couldn't quit do the lock to lock but only because I could not reach full lock with the handle bars. I think I see a Flanders in my future.!!

So like I said, I am very happy with how she handle so far but if I can make it better I will be even happier...:big-grin-emoticon:

So back to my question... How do I tell if my link is OEM or a Leveling Link?

Tom

Okay so they both have the same link. Since my bike seem to handle pretty well for me;

How can I tell if it has the Leveling Link or the standard OEM link?

Today is my 3rd day with the bike. I bought it Saturday. Filled up, added some Seafoam and rode it 170 mile home. (42 mpg)

Sunday I adjusted the shocks some, rode a little filled back up with gas added some more Seafoam and cleaned a lot. Bike is running better every time I start it up. Gotta love Seafoam!

Today weather was iffy ( rain threatening) so I took the long way home from the dealer which was closed. 65 miles later I am back at home.

While at the closed dealers parking lot I took advantage of the situation and did some Low Speed Maneuvers while there. Was able to do some low speed 360,720, 1080 ,

figure 8's ...etc. (you get the idea)

I couldn't quit do the lock to lock but only because I could not reach full lock with the handle bars. I think I see a Flanders in my future.!!

So like I said, I am very happy with how she handle so far but if I can make it better I will be even happier...:big-grin-emoticon:

So back to my question... How do I tell if my link is OEM or a Leveling Link?

Tom

You would probable have to measure them, and even then it would be close since they are only 1/4" different in lengths.