IGNORED

HELP! Valve adjusment tool

I want to do my first valve adjustment this winter. However, I cannot find the special tool (YM-33961). Does anyone have one I could buy or borrow? I'd be happy to pay the shipping costs.

Thanks,:rudolf:

MiCarl will sell you a shim tool and shims. The same tool works on Vmaxes, 1st Gens, and 2nd Gens. the 25mm shims are used on a large number of MC engines and were used by Toyota 4cyl engines for many years, although the Toyota shims tend to the thicker sizes used on our bikes. fyi. Yamaha made the heads for Toyota.

or

I have a kit put together with the shim tool, an assortment of shims, a few shim picks, and a set of feeler gauges. Its being used now but I expect it to be available in a week or two.

You'll need to put any shims you remove into the kit, and if there are less than 4 of any size left left in the kit, buy some replacement shims from MiCarl for the kit. Cover my postage by buying some more shims for the kit.

See the posts Dingy has made on shim work and get his spreadsheet and shim calculator.

PM me with your address.

btw. if anyone has spare shims leftover or from a parts engine that they want to donate, they'll go into the kit. The shims in sizes from 2.60mm to 2.70mm seem to be the ones most needed.

I'd prefer not to go outside the USA with the kit so as to avoid the extra shipping charges and customs problems.