IGNORED

Frozen Meet and Eat

lonestarmedic

So, after a bumpy start Wednesday(battery wouldn't fire the bike up at 36 degrees!!) I was off and running. Ran into construction on 85 South. I actually stopped in traffic and put down the kickstand several times. Got into Atlanta and met 86er and Blackjack for supper. Had a bit of pig and sauce. Then followed 86er home for the nite. Had some bourbon and called it a day. It don't get a whole lot better than that. However, when he tells you home is just across town, it is the route that is fun. Across the dam and through a bunch of mild twisties and hills. Finally got to run the old girl on something besides a highway. Wish it wasn't dark, it would have been pretty. Just don't follow 86er on every turn - some of them might be sidewalks!! (Turn lane disappeared - he didn't actually go off the road, just kinda pointed it that direction. Attached is a pick from the parking lot.

J. B.

Hey, Man! You gotta tell everything you know?!?! That turn lane ran out and the sidewalk looked like a reasonable alternative, until I saw there was room to turn beside the truck. :rotf:

Good, albeit chilly, ride tonight! Gotta love those impromptu Meets & Eats! :ice_awesome-vi46644

(Even w/o DQ :scared:)

It's not that it was too cold for DQ, there just wasn't any room left! All three of us had the "All You Can Eat" Pork Special at Sonny's BBQ! With all the food on the table anybody walking by would have thought there were six of us...

It was great to meet Lonestarmedic. He showed up on a very, very fine looking 1st Gen. It turns out that his misadventure with the bike he thought he was going to get was just a cleverly-disguised step in the right direction to the one he was supposed to get!

Ride safe, J.B., and we'll see you again somewhere down the road.

Todd, it looks like you might want to re-program your GPS unit to get those sidewalks out of the system!!!

:whistling:

Terry

We got up this morning and had a 34 degree ride for some of the best biscuits in town. JB had biscuit and gravy while I had what has been named in my honor a "Lethal Biscuit". That's sausage, egg, cheese, mustard, onion and jalapeño! UMMMMMM good!

About 10am it was up to 45 degrees and I led him out to I75 and pointed him towards I20. He's on his way to Dallas; probably stopping in Jackson, Ms. tonight. He tried to bribe me into going with him for a weekend in Texas and it was tempting, but I'm still riding on the tires I put on just before Vogel III and with 13k miles already on them, I'm not sure the back has 2k left in it!

Guest Fly-N-Lo

That turn lane ran out and the sidewalk looked like a reasonable alternative, until I saw there was room to turn beside the truck. :rotf:

This is EXACTLY why I didn't ride with you guys, Todd seems to always end up off the side of the road.:rotf:

Sorry I didn't make over to "Todd's Parts Depot" last night. It was after 9:30 before I got the message and the thermometer on the deck read 26.4 degrees. (yes I have had it calibrated) Besides, momma me wanted to snuggle with her under a blanket on the couch...hmm, let's see...snuggle??? or sit around drink and tell lies with you guys...sorry snuggle doesn't happen that often:whistling:

Todd, if you or Terry are out riding this weekend, we'll be just north of Helen with the RV. Some resort my in-laws picked out. Call and I can give directions...

Great day to ride. I went off the highway at Talledega Forest and rode the bypass. Sorry the tires are a bit thin Todd. Mamma says you are welcome anytime. Anyway, I thought these critters had the air suspension so we could set them on high and get off road clearance. Biscuits and gravy lasted until west of Birmingham then a stop at Cracker Barrel was in order. Going to get supper now. See y'all later.

J. B.