Looking for a new windshield for the bike. I still have the original installed but want something else. I have heard that they can delaminate if they are cut down.

So far I have seen the windshield from Slip Strreamer or Clearview. Any thoughts or preference on those two? Open to something else as well.

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated!

It may help folks to mention what kind of bike it is you have.

As far as the delamination of the windscreens go, I don't know what your source is but plenty of members here have cut down their screens and I have yet to hear someone mention that they have had this problem. :confused24:

I had my original cut down and had no issues with it afterwards. I then wanted something else and went with the Clearview shield. I got the tallest one with the recurve. For me the tallest one was too tall and the recurve would hold condensation making it very hard to see through in a fog. I had it cut down and have been pleased with it. Also, the Clearview is wider and if its one of their tall shields it will push alot of air. There also has been some issues with guys having to wait on their orders and trying to make contact with their customer service.

If you don't want to cut it yourself, your local glass dealer can do it. Mine charged around $25. I found it better to make a template and mark it where I wanted with a sharpie and have them do the cutting.

I cut my stock RSV sheild down by 5 1/2". No issues with delaminating. I really liked it, problem was my wife decided to start riding and hated the wind buffering. Just put a new F4 Custom tall on. She has yet to ride with it yet, but I just got home from a 4000 mile trip, and so far am impressed with it. First day hit 150 miles of rain. I was supprised how well I could actually see in the rain through the sheild. No comparasion to stock.

I cut my stock RSV sheild down by 5 1/2". No issues with delaminating. I really liked it, problem was my wife decided to start riding and hated the wind buffering. Just put a new F4 Custom tall on. She has yet to ride with it yet, but I just got home from a 4000 mile trip, and so far am impressed with it. First day hit 150 miles of rain. I was supprised how well I could actually see in the rain through the sheild. No comparasion to stock.

What he said! I cut mine down as well-used it that way in hot weather and then used the Yamaha TALL shield when it got cold. No problems with delaminating and both worked very well for me!

Hey JerryT...can you tell any difference at all on the F4 tall from the sides. I think it's supposed to be 2" taller, but also 2" wider on each side. Could you tell that less wind hit your hands.

This is my next purchase (just put the rails on).

By the way...nice bike. I love the color! (That's what I have). LOL

Yes it is 2" wider on each side plus 2" higher. Not sure how much less wind on hands, but gives very calm air behind the screen. I also had the vent put in. Jurry is still out on this. Only issue is it let moisture in during the rain. Not sure I like that, but do like the extra air when hot. BTW, F4 was great to deal with and answer any questions.

rumboogy,

Sorry for the delayed anwser. I'm not sure which vent as it came in the sheild. I think it is a Honda, but again not sure. They mounted mine up higher so I could keep my windsheild bags. Works well but air hits more in the chin area more then the chest if it were mounted lower. For me, I like the extra storage so it is what I wanted. Just call them and they will help with what you want. They really seem like great people. Also are giving a 10% discount right now.

Jerry