IGNORED

Clearview Windshield Installed

Panjandrum

My new Clearview windshield (Medium Light Grey with vent) arrived on Monday. I installed the shield on Tuesday morning in less than 20 minutes... very straightforward and easy, even for one who is mechanically challenged. The grey shield on my grey 2008 Venture looks great. I went for a ride, and had no complaints from my passenger. There was no noticeable increase in wind buffeting even at speeds over 100 kph. I noticed a little more wind, which is what I wanted.

At 5 ft 11 inches, I am still looking through the top few inches of the shield, however. I was hoping to be able to see over the top. I may shorten the shield by four inches or so.

The Clearview shield is much more solid than the stock shield. The shield I purchased was advertised as having “very slight scratches”. I will have to take a very much closer look, as I have not spotted them yet!

I bought a "blem" from Clearview. Clear, tall and I added the vent afterwards. I couldn't find the stated scratches either !

Im looking thru it however right at the point where the rebend occurs near the top. So the wind protection and buffeting reduction is great but the optical issues are bad (for me). I may cut it down and loose the rebend in the process. Otherwise a great shield, agree and I like the company and people...

My new Clearview windshield (Medium Light Grey with vent) arrived on Monday. I installed the shield on Tuesday morning in less than 20 minutes... very straightforward and easy, even for one who is mechanically challenged. The grey shield on my grey 2008 Venture looks great. I went for a ride, and had no complaints from my passenger. There was no noticeable increase in wind buffeting even at speeds over 100 kph. I noticed a little more wind, which is what I wanted.

At 5 ft 11 inches, I am still looking through the top few inches of the shield, however. I was hoping to be able to see over the top. I may shorten the shield by four inches or so.

The Clearview shield is much more solid than the stock shield. The shield I purchased was advertised as having “very slight scratches”. I will have to take a very much closer look, as I have not spotted them yet!

Pan,

I cut down my stock windshield about 4" and hated it. Air turbulence and noise increased significantly. I have since bought a new windshield. Also I rode the beast for a few months without fairing and windshield. The air flow over the instrument pod was smooth, hit me just below the nose (6'2") and about the same as my double-bubble shield on my Ninja. Next spring I am going to try cutting my old windshield down to barely above the instrument pod. Maybe I'll even paint it to match the bike . . . :hurts: