IGNORED

New Seat?

mmoffitt

Wondering if I should get a new seat...Since I've only had my '06 RSV for a few weeks, I'm still slowly going over it and "fixing" it up. I had the driver seat off the other day and noticed 2 things. 1) there is a small (less than an inch) rip or cut in the side of the seat (can't really see it unless you are looking). 2) one of the 2 bolts that hold the seat on is missing. PO had used a sheetrock screw to hold that side on...

I'm going to be sending the seat in to the member on this site that does the seat mods for lowering/narrowing anyway...so I'm not sure if the bolt can be fixed at that time or if the rip will prevent the cover from being restretched...Been spending money already getting a few "extras" for the bike so hate have to buy a new seat if I don't need to.

Anyone got a stock seat collecting dust they need to get rid of? :hurts:

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks!

If you are sending your seat to B.Bulter ( ? I think) he did my seat that had a rip in about the same place. He did a wonderful job trimming the seat to lower it and working around the rip. You can not tell it is there anymore.

Not sure what to say about the missing mounting bolt, I am sure something could be done.

cb

Glad it wasn't too long! That would have made an interesting ride.

You don't need no stinkin' bolts, where's that seat going anyway?:confused24::think:

Depends on if the scoot gets trailered, like Wrongway & his missing seat. After all, his butt was not holding the seat in place.

:bang head::mo money::mo money:

Glad it wasn't too long! That would have made an interesting ride.

You don't need no stinkin' bolts, where's that seat going anyway?:confused24::think:

If Rick is going to be lowering your seat, he's going to have the cover off and I bet it wouldn't be a problem to replace the bolt at that time.

Give him a shout and ask. Can't hurt.