IGNORED

What type terminal strip should I use

I'm goitn to rewire the auxiliary lighting on the back of my bike. Currently I have an extra tail/brake light and trailer lighting which is run through an isolation relay set. All of the taps were made using the scotch-lok type connectors (I know they are junk) and it really looks like a mess under the seat. Some of the connections were made by the installer that wired up my trailer lights and some by me. I want to solder all of the taps to the bike's lighting circuits and then run a line to a power strip where I connect the auxillary lighting. What is the best type of power strip to use? So far the only thing I've found looks like the attached photo. Is there something better? Photos of you installation would be helpful. This looks like it may be a cold Saturday job.

Thanks,

Dennis

I'm goitn to rewire the auxiliary lighting on the back of my bike. Currently I have an extra tail/brake light and trailer lighting which is run through an isolation relay set. All of the taps were made using the scotch-lok type connectors (I know they are junk) and it really looks like a mess under the seat. Some of the connections were made by the installer that wired up my trailer lights and some by me. I want to solder all of the taps to the bike's lighting circuits and then run a line to a power strip where I connect the auxillary lighting. What is the best type of power strip to use? So far the only thing I've found looks like the attached photo. Is there something better? Photos of you installation would be helpful. This looks like it may be a cold Saturday job.

Thanks,

Dennis

http://vintageconnections.com/images/Pa020023A1.jpg

Four leads into one. Also adaptable for three leads into one and two leads into one (Y-connector). There is no molded insulator available for this terminal.

From Vintage connectors is my suggestion!

Bubber

Thanks,

Dennis

http://vintageconnections.com/images/Pa020023A2.jpg

Four leads into one. Also adaptable for three leads into one and two leads into one (Y-connector). Comes complete with a clear molded insulator.

THIS MY SUGGESTION

BUBBER

Thanks,

Dennis

No photo handy but I've used very similar to the photo inside the fairing as a positive wiring block. With these you can get little "jumpers" so that all are live. I run one main live feed from a fused block near the battery to this item inside the fairing. It's all connected so that only has power when key is on. From this block I can then connect other things that require power such as my aux lights, Sirius radio, etc, etc. Of course, things like the lights are switched and powered via a relay. Another one could be used for grounding.

I'm no fan of Scotch-Lok type connectors by any means. I cut over 2 dozen of them off my bike when I bought it.

But I found something that works real well for splicing and quick repairs at the Westlake hardware store a while back and keep a few in my "crisis kit" in my tools bag. A couple of dabs of dielectric and they are pretty much water proof and removeable.

Come in 2,4,6 and 8 connectors.