They look like they are made my Kuryakin by the end rings and end cap. If I am correct, those are foam rubber pads that absorb the vibration.

They also look like the wide (or larger) grip style. Some like the larger diameter grips while others do not. If I also remember, Freebird didn't like the larger diameter Kuryakin grips, however, I do. The larger diameter ones seemed to fit my hand better then the stock diameter ones.

The left grip should come with an inner plastic spacer that is about 3/4 inches long. You may have to cut it to correct length..The directions will explain how to, that is IF they come with instructions.

Also when glueing th eleft grip on I personally would NOT see how much glue I can use.. I would only put a "bead" of glue runningdown the uper most part of the handdle bar so if you ever decided to change them out, you can easily stand there and get them off by wedging a screw driver between the grip and handle bar. I would not put glue all the way around the left handle bar to hold it on.

I learned something new today. I have a 96 RSTD and it has 1" bars with the Kuraykn grips. I thought that the RSV had 1" bars also.:think:

BTW I love the Kuraykn grips. My clutch side does move because I was afraid to put too much glue on it in case I didn't like them and wanted to remove them. Now that I am sure I'm not going to change, I'll put some more on (when I get around to it). :178:

Yep. Those look strikingly similar to the Karyakin grips. I had to replace the

left one before Sturgis last year because the pot metal frame towards outside

snapped. I didn't use the plastic insert tube that comes with new grips though.

I machined an aluminim piece to fit into the i.d. of the handle bar to extend

the length about 3/4" to take up the hollow space.

I've never seen them but they look good. They look very similar to the KuryAkyn grips but apparently you can retain the end weights if you choose to. Looks good to me.

Having that "adapter" to retain the end weights is something that should come with the Kury grips. I had to grind mine out in order to get those end weights back on.

• 3 weeks later...

Actually these are a direct copy of the Avon Air Cushion grip. I have a set and really enjoy the feel they give to my handling of the bike.Seems more responsive. They are smaller than Kurks and Star oem grips.

I paid 45.00 for mine at a local Yamaha dealer so I know they are cheaper on line.

Finally got them on! Overall I don't think I would recommend them. I think they look great once they were on, but the work was much more than "remove and replace." The left grip was a snap. Thanks to all for the advice on removal. The right one was much tougher. These grips come with a rubber liner on the inside that is separate from the rubber portion of the grips. The grips do not come with a new sleeve for the throttle, so I ended up using the original sleeve. It will not fit inside the grip even with the rubber liner removed due to the ribs on the sleeve. I had to shave the ribs on the throttle sleeve down enough to fit in the grip and have enough contact area for the glue.

Now for the weights: the ends of the grips are machined perfectly to allow the weights to mate to them. However the Novibe grips are about 25 mm longer than the original grips so, the bolt is too short and I will need a spacer for the right grip so as not to bind the throttle. Finding 6mm by 100mm replacement bolts has not worked out so far. For now I am running the grips without the weights to see how I like it.

Again, I think it will all work out in the end, and I admit I love to "tinker" so never felt lost. It just was not as "plug and play" as I expected, but the throttle assist looks and feels great!

I will post pictures shortly.

Nico