IGNORED

Are you a Batman fan?

SilvrT

Ive always loved the Batman automotive stuff, that bat cycle is so cool. Nina wont let you take it home?

Brian

nahhhhhh... she'd be afraid I'd fly away on it :rotf: :rotf: (either that or I'd turn into a vampire and bite her neck....:eek:)

Yes you can see the wheels in the last pictures and this one.

Batman (TV series)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/eb/Batcycle.jpg/220px-Batcycle.jpg http://bits.wikimedia.org/skins-1.5/common/images/magnify-clip.png

The Batcycle from Batman (1966).[1]

The Batcycle made its first appearance in 1966 in the Batman TV series. It was a 1965 Harley Davidson with a side car, but it was taken on lease and was only used for the first season episode "Not Yet, He Ain't".

Later that year, a new Batcycle was introduced. It was produced by Kustomotive, conceived by Dan Dempski, designed by Tom Daniel, and built by Dan and Korky Korkes using a Yamaha Catalina 250. It was leased to 20th Century Fox starting on April 18, 1966 for $50 a week with an additional $350 up front. The new Batcycle was first used in the 1966 film Batman and continued to appear in the rest of the TV series. Hubie Kerns and Victor Paul did most of the stunt work with the motorcycle throughout the series. The total amount paid to Kustomotive was $2,500. When the series was canceled, Kustomotive used the Batcycle in car shows, paying royalties to Greenway, 20th Century Fox, and National Periodical Publications. Kustomotive built four replicas of the Batcycle for tours.

Yes you can see the wheels in the last pictures and this one.

Batman (TV series)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/eb/Batcycle.jpg/220px-Batcycle.jpg http://bits.wikimedia.org/skins-1.5/common/images/magnify-clip.png

The Batcycle from Batman (1966).[1]

The Batcycle made its first appearance in 1966 in the Batman TV series. It was a 1965 Harley Davidson with a side car, but it was taken on lease and was only used for the first season episode "Not Yet, He Ain't".

Later that year, a new Batcycle was introduced. It was produced by Kustomotive, conceived by Dan Dempski, designed by Tom Daniel, and built by Dan and Korky Korkes using a Yamaha Catalina 250. It was leased to 20th Century Fox starting on April 18, 1966 for $50 a week with an additional $350 up front. The new Batcycle was first used in the 1966 film Batman and continued to appear in the rest of the TV series. Hubie Kerns and Victor Paul did most of the stunt work with the motorcycle throughout the series. The total amount paid to Kustomotive was $2,500. When the series was canceled, Kustomotive used the Batcycle in car shows, paying royalties to Greenway, 20th Century Fox, and National Periodical Publications. Kustomotive built four replicas of the Batcycle for tours.

Interesting.... I sent them an email ... it will be interesting what their response is.

The Email___________________________________________

Can you tell me the spec on the go-cart? Also, is this the actual vehicle used in the Batman movies or is it one of the replicas built afterwards for use in car shows? If the actual one, is it the first one or the second one?

I seem to remember reading somewhere that there were several bikes made,and 2 or 3 cars made for the Batman film back in the 60's. I think there was only one car made for the series originally but more were commissioned later, I think George Burris was the designer.

Brian

I seem to remember reading somewhere that there were several bikes made,and 2 or 3 cars made for the Batman film back in the 60's. I think there was only one car made for the series originally but more were commissioned later, I think George Burris was the designer.

Brian

ahem.... that would be Barris ... danged man... you need to bone up on your car customizers ...:rasberry: :rasberry: