IGNORED

Just a few questions

Guest DakineVentue

Guest DakineVentue

Yes it's about a second gen... I just recently puchased my 2004 Midnight RSV. I was wonderering about the handling of the bike and that was answered in previous threads. To say the least I am getting a new set of avons tomorrow. My questions are:

Is there a fix for the low speed wabble?

I have notice a whine in the drive tran. is that normal?

Thanks for all your responses.

Is there a fix for the low speed wabble?

I have notice a whine in the drive tran. is that normal?

who am I to comment...but there is a tech article on the steering bearing adjustment that addresses the wobble, and I think the whine can come from 2 areas...if its the rear end most owners take the wheel off and clean up the rust and lube up the those 5 or 6 big finger thingamajiggers in the hub of the wheel. Others will chime in on this...

Bill,

The wobble issue could be a couple of things, as Swifty mentioned the steering head bearing might need a little tightening. Also too an excessively worn rear tire will give the front end a shimmy. The Avons are a great choice for tires, most folks find a 100% better difference when installing them for the first time. If your not vertically challenged a set of Leveling links will improve slow speed performance greatly.

As far as the whine...yes it is normal. Some are louder than others, but all the bikes have a certain amount of it. It comes from the gears and how they are cut. If it's screaming then thats an issue but a little whine isn't abnormal. Just ride the hell out of it :happy34:

Guest DakineVentue

I dont really know about them. I dont think I like the idea of raising the back of the bike up. How much does it raise and does it mess with the look much?:scubadive:

I dont really know about them. I dont think I like the idea of raising the back of the bike up. How much does it raise and does it mess with the look much?:scubadive:
I would just go with the Avons too start with. I am 5ft 9 and the bike handles great with just the Avons.My opinion is it is overkill to do both. As far as handling PRACTICE PRACTICE,,,With the new Avons I can uturn fully cocked in any direction and ease it around,no problem.

I like the level look of the RSV with the links in the back. I raises it about an inch and provides for additional ground clearance when two-up.

Great option if you have new tires or if you don't want to put a tire on that is designed for a smaller width rim.

I like the level look of the RSV with the links in the back. I raises it about an inch and provides for additional ground clearance when two-up.

Dittios!!! I agree...when you look at pictures of someone riding the bike 2 up the stock links it looks like there is a fatty in the rear crushing the rear shock (no offense anyone). With the leveling links it looks like it should and it improves your front end handling.